Photo

Ozark Lines Progress

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#41 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:10 AM

Hello Christian:

I have been occupied trying to get all the programs installed and functioning well in this new computer. At this point, there are still two major issues that I have to resolve:

1. A problem with TGATools2.

2. Either determine why the current scanner won't communicate with the new system, or install a new scanner.

After that, I still need to get my FTP software up and functioning, as well as a few more applications.

As for MSTS: I did take the time last night to install the Seligman Sub and take a look at it, but I don't anticipate spending much time on it.

I do expect that I'll need all of my programs installed and working smoothly before I return to the Ozark Lines concept. Shouldn't be too much longer.

#42 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:37 PM

Okie doakie... I've been in RE for a spell tonight... below you find an in-progress shots of Turner's Bend, Arkansas.

Be reminded that no terrtex work has begun as yet.

Attached Files

#43 zhilton

zhilton

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:14 PM

My only complant about MSTS....or any train simulator is that it seem hard to tell where each track is. Maybe it's the view area you get with HO scale, I can usually can see where each track is and where I need to go when switch. In MSTS I seem to get a little "lost"...or at least it takes me longer than I think it should. But then MSTS is supposed to reflect real life and real railroaders don't have a "bird's eye view" of ther work. By the way Andre...the new route looks great...would most likely better better with GP7s, RS1s and F-units (both EMD and Alco FA). But then that is a diesel fan for ya! laugh.gif

#44 Spin

Spin

Motorman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:10 PM

Wayne Campbell and I had a similar conversation some time ago on another route I was working on at the time. The idea was kicked around about how to make the train order boards active and functional.

We never really solved, and thus applied, some of the complications we anticipated.

I think he has solved that issue, that sounds like what he has running on his "London and Port Stanley" route.

#45 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:59 PM

Amid the church work, railroading, and other stuff... I HAVE gotten some things accomplished on the Ozark Lines project. blink.gif

Below is a sampler of some of the buldings I've constructed over the past couple evenings or so. As you can see, there will be a variety of "looks" to the buildings... from fairly nice ones at the larger, more established towns, to some rather rough shod ones for the more hardy of mountain towns.

Well... all for now! biggrin.gif

Attached Files

#46 chripsch

chripsch

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:12 AM

Hi Andre!

Sorry for answering so late! Nice, new pics of the buildings :-) Looking really forward for the next ones biggrin.gif

I had been at home for doing some paperstuff which came with the end of my studies and on thurseday afternoon we where called to the hospital.
When we arrived my grandfather was already dead. He stayed in hospital for less than an hour.
He deceased silently and without a great fight.
My grandfather Siegfried Schröder died with his 84 years so fast and unexpected after jumping off the deads shovel in the last moment so often that nobody of us saw him a last time alife.
All 4 children of him (of 5) were there at the hospital and two grandchildren (me and a cousin) of 11...
A bit strange: It was the only time since 2 or three years that I stayed at home during the week.
Seems that he did wait for me to come to die...

Include him please in your prayers as I miss him really hard.

I hope your news are better than mine!

Best regards from a sad Bavaria,

Christian

#47 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:10 AM

Christian:

Our condolences ...

#48 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(laming @ Aug 19 2005, 11:59 PM)
... there will be a variety of "looks" to the buildings... from fairly nice ones at the larger, more established towns, to some rather rough shod ones for the more hardy of mountain towns.

That cabin war the one Coonskin was a-born in!

Nice work, Andre.

#49 chripsch

chripsch

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 04:04 AM

Hi Andre!

How do you do? Hope everything is well with you! Are there some news abut the Ozarks you want to share with us?
Looking forward for the next Ozarks-news biggrin.gif

Best regards,

Christian

#50 boundy

boundy

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:10 PM

Andre, I think Wayne solved the order board thingy by classing them as deer. You blow the whistle and they change.

#51 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:37 PM

Hi All!

Not any real progress to report today. I've had some distractions, some vocation, some recreational. Fear not... I intend to pursue!

Boundy:

If I understood Wayne correctly when we talked about this a long time ago, that will work fine for a call-on board that is normally set against the home road, but will clear when a home road train arrives and whistles for clearance/aspect.

This would not afford the ability to give/not give train orders via an animated train order board. A'feared we're going to have to allow the train order boards to look pretty but not be truly functional. Never fear (for Underdog is here?)... the present system will work fine and dandy.

#52 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:21 PM

Andre, I really love the enhancements to the buildings - the old ones on the StL&NA are good but these are even gooder blink.gif (as my 5 year old will insist on saying).

Are there going to be snow textures for the buildings? It is a lot of extra work but I am sure there would be some help out here if you needed it.

Rodster

#53 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

"Are there going to be snow textures for the buildings?"

I don't know as yet. The paint program I'm fastest with doesn't do snow layers well. I would have to invest considerable time learning more about my "other" paint program in order to attempt snow.

#54 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:26 PM

Hi All.

Just a small update. Things are beginning to pick back up on the Ozark Lines "Ozark Northern" project. Got a feeling with this gas situation, we all may have more time at home... so got to get another route out there for the troops to enjoy!

Anyway, here's a pic of a recent building that's fresh out of the TSM oven...

Attached Files

#55 zhilton

zhilton

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:48 PM

Got a feeling with this gas situation, we all may have more time at home...

Tell me about it...I was hoping to get the camper out for a weekend and enjoy some modern day mountain railroading here in the near future.... at 10-12 Mpg; I‘m going to have to put some serous thought to that idea. At the current rate of exchange for those liquid dinosaurs...I'm thinking I might be working on burning some of that V-scale diesel fuel! By the way, I was in the lovely town of Berryville yesterday on business. Still a nice town...hard to believe there was a railroad there 40+ years ago. Gas was cheaper than in Ft. Smith or Springdale.... go figure!! ohmy.gif

#56 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:19 PM

Still in a structure building mode. Amazing how many structures it takes to populate a route. Factor in a route depicting the 1890's and boy: The buildings sure are small (takes more to populate) and photo textures get to be a problem!

I've been going through my personal collection of photos I've taken of surviving remnants of the era and slugging along in my photo shop and TSM. I intend to stay with building structures until I'm about to puke... then I'll return to RE and place them... then back to photo shop and TSM... then back to...

You get the idea.

Here's a couple more...

Attached Files

#57 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:34 PM

Andre, those are beautifully textured - your buildings just get better and better.

Rod

#58 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:34 AM

I'm on a roll... biggrin.gif

Attached Files

#59 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:57 AM

Andre,

Looks like that new route is going to have some great looking towns. Will be patiently waiting. tongue.gif

Paul

#60 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:09 PM

A surprise goodie arrived in my inbox! Lookie below at what Rich Garber sent!

Rod/Paul: Thanks! Alas, I'm getting down to the bottom of my 1890's texture barrel. Will be even tougher sledding soon.

Attached Files