#21 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

Hi Chuck:

Try downloading/unzipping/placing this consist into your CONSISTS folder and see if it does the trick?

Attached Files

#22 mortsman

mortsman

Track Layer

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE(laming @ Jun 23 2010, 1:05 PM) View Post

Hi Chuck:

Try downloading/unzipping/placing this consist into your CONSISTS folder and see if it does the trick?

Hi Andre,

Thank you much for the consist. It was much like the one I already had in my MSTS CONSISTS folder. I did touch up the previous one to exactly match the one you sent me, but, I am sorry to report that it did no good. The rogue AI consist (the one just like the original consist except for the missing tender) still sits stubbornly in the started activity.

ConBuilder does not recognize the "rogue" loose consist, but does list (and approve) the NA_Ai3w10lds3mts consist in ACTIVITY DEPENDENCIES. Because CB does not load the "rogue LC' I can't even replace the lead wagon with the appropriate tender. I can't see anything wrong with the activity itself - it shows the updated NA_Ai3w10lds3mts LC just as it looks in the main Consist folder. I even replaced the activity in the route with the original 5/10/2004 version and updated the LC with CB to the DLW equipment. The "rogue LC" still loads with the activity in MSTS but the overall activity runs fine otherwise. even though the "tenderless" old StLNA #3 without a front coupler drives me nuts.

Andre, where do you think the "rogue LC" resides? Where does the activity find it? it is surely not in the MSTS CONSISTS folder. The only thing left that I can think of is to ask if you could find a copy of the Helpin Hand activity that actually works with the new NA_Ai3w10lds3mts and let me download it.

I am very grateful for your time.

Chuck

#23 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:58 AM

Chuck:

This is a new one on me. blink.gif

Seems that somehow the default consist in question was corrupted, and because the consist in question is an AI consist, and thus does NOT use a "driveable" engine, apparently CB doesn't "find" it. (The same will be the case with MSTS "Activity Editor".)

Am I understanding correctly that you can not find the bad consist file in your CONSISTS folder?

Is the StLNA route installed in your main MSTS installation located in the default location? OR, is the StLNA installed within a Mini-Install?

#24 mortsman

mortsman

Track Layer

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE(laming @ Jun 25 2010, 10:39 AM) View Post

Chuck:

This is a new one on me. blink.gif

Seems that somehow the default consist in question was corrupted, and because the consist in question is an AI consist, and thus does NOT use a "driveable" engine, apparently CB doesn't "find" it. (The same will be the case with MSTS "Activity Editor".)

Am I understanding correctly that you can not find the bad consist file in your CONSISTS folder?

Is the StLNA route installed in your main MSTS installation located in the default location? OR, is the StLNA installed within a Mini-Install?

Andre:

I was finally able to locate an obscure corner on my C: drive where my Activity Master archive files were kept and restored the original new11 act successfully into the StLNA route on MSTS. This brought back the old style locos and tenders on both the player and AI trains and the act runs OK. (BTW, I believe this whole mess started with Activity Master when I switched the player loco to the new DLW model. It was after this that the AI tender turned up missing. I have had much trouble with AM since installing it on Windows 7, but that is between me and Skyline.)

Answering your questions:

The bad consist file is not in my CONSISTS folder. The only two files in the CONSIST folder pertinent to the StLNA "new11" act are StLNA4.con and NA_Ai3w10lds3mts.con, both of which contain and specify the new DLW locos and rolling stock.

My StLNA route is installed directly into MSTS which is located in the default location (C:/Program Files (x86)).

Why the act doesn't pick up the DLW revised consists is still the question. Where do you suppose it picks up the original consists when the originals are not in the CONSISTS folder anymore?

Andre, I can't tell you how honored I am for you to take the time for this. I, like your other rabid fans, am waiting anxiously for your Ozark route expansions. If you come up with anything, I will be grateful. If I come up with anything, I will let you know. If not, why don't we set the problem aside for now. (I have built a new double headed consist that replicates the "Helpin Hand" train with DLW equipment and I can run it up the hill to Seligman on explore when I feel the need.)

Ozark Rails Forever!

Chuck

#25 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:20 AM

I haven't a clue on the AM situation either. I have AM, but frankly, haven't taken the time to install and figure it out. I suspect I enjoy creating routes and stuff more than actually using the sim? unsure.gif Hmmm. huh.gif

Anyway, would seem to me that perhaps using the MSTS Activity Editor to make any edits to a consist would be a good course?

Ah well... at least you're up and functioning again.

As for Ozark railroads... you'll get a hearty AMEN from me! Even though I'm currently on my CM kick... I'm confident I'll be back piddlin' with the Ozark Lines concept eventually!

Have fun!

#26 bigtrain

bigtrain

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

I must be doing something wrong, when I open the file it does not open to two other files it just opens. Am I doing something wrong?
craig

#27 Caschi

Caschi

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

Andre, speaking of the file in the first post: It seems to contain only new consists, but no updated activities. Hence, all the loose consists are made of the "old" rolling stock. Could you please look into this and update the file?

Best Regards

P.S. Thanks for your wonderful routes! smile.gif

#28 dforrest

dforrest

Mechanic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:23 PM

Is the DLW_Acts.zip file available for download anywhere?

#29 Motorailer

Motorailer

Railfan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:10 PM

Hello all
I was trying to download the DLW_ACTS.ZIP link but it seems to be dead.
Is it still available for download?
Thanks, Craig

#30 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

Hi Guys!

Sorry for being so long in seeing this.

I searched in my archives and found a zip file matching the name above. I have uploaded it to this URL:

http://www.vscalecre...AP/DLW_Acts.zip

Hopefully, this is the correct file you're looking for!

Andre Ming

#31 dforrest

dforrest

Mechanic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

Hi Guys!

Sorry for being so long in seeing this.

I searched in my archives and found a zip file matching the name above. I have uploaded it to this URL:

http://www.vscalecre...es/DLW_Acts.zip

Hopefully, this is the correct file you're looking for!

Andre Ming

Andre, I cannot access this link.

David

#32 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:29 PM

When I tried I got:

Not Found

The requested URL /NAP/files/DLW_Acts.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.29 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.29 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.vscalecreations.com Port 80

#33 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

Hm. Seems a typo had slipped into the process.

The previous link above w/typo has been corrected and the corrected link worked for me.

For convenience, here is a direct copy/paste of the corrected link that functioned for me:

http://www.vscalecre...AP/DLW_Acts.zip

Sorry 'bout that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users