32 replies to this topic

#1 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:29 AM

Here is a zip file with all of the Consists and Activities, corrected to date, that convert the Activities from original equipment to the new Davis Locomotive Works equipment. You will, of course need to have both the St.L&NA Route and the North Arkansas Equipment Pack installed on your computer.

Step 1 (if applicable): If you are running Train Store, open Train Store, go to Tools and Unstore Everything. Once completed, go to step two.

Step 2: MOST IMPORTANT! Back up your files! Go to Train Simulator, Routes and open your St.L&NA folder. Copy the Activities folder to a secure location. Then go to Train Simulator, open your Trains folder and back up your Consists folder to that secure location.

Step 3: Save this zip file to wherever you transfer files (don't run it on Marc's server!) and unzip it there. It will produce two folders, NA Activities and NA Consists.

Step 4: Open the NA Activities folder, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy all. Navigate to Train Simulator, Routes, the St.L&NA folder, and open the Activites folder. Right click amongst the files in there and select Paste. Say "Yes to all" on file overwrites.

Step 5: Open the NA Consist folder, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy all. Navigate to Train Simulator, Trains and open the Consists folder. Right click amonsts the files in there and select Paste. Say "Yes to all" on file overwrites.

Step 6: Enjoy the St. Louis & North Arkansas in all of it's glory!

Disclaimer: As with any freeware software or programs, use these files at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damages, real or perceived, to your personal system by these files. The files have been virus scanned with the most current definitions (6-27-05).

Of course, if there are any problems, please let me know. tongue.gif

EDITORS NOTE: Dead Link Fixed 3/26/07

Attached Files

#2 StackTalk

StackTalk

Track Layer

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:59 AM

Herb, thank you for the Updates. I have d/l'd this update and am looking forward to running the activities. I've spent the last 2 weeks running Explore and enjoying the Route immensely.

#3 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:25 PM

I like to sit in the cupola of the StL&NA cabooses and watch the train snake through the curves. I did a little trick to move the view to the right hand seat running long end forward (making the first minus number in the head location line a positive moves it from left side to right - BACK UP THE FILE FIRST!) and the view is just great.

Watch out for cinders in your eyes though! laugh.gif

#4 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(atsf37l @ Jul 6 2005, 06:25 PM)
I like to sit in the cupola of the StL&NA cabooses and watch the train snake through the curves ...

Watch out for cinders in your eyes though! laugh.gif

I like to ride the tops, hitting "2", and then a bunch of "Ctrl""right arrow" to put myself in the middle of the train, facing forward.

Same cinder-in-the-eye thing, though. biggrin.gif

#5 TheGrindre

TheGrindre

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:57 AM

laugh.gif You're all very funny because I like to sit on top of the engine cab looking backwards... laugh.gif

#6 MFOS

MFOS

+ Mouth Full Of Spiders +

• Beta Tester
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:09 PM

Ughhhh. I hate it when I don't understand stuff and sound like a newbie again.

Sheesh, I have just been away too long, and am not familiar enough with the equipment pack yet to know what it changed in the first place and so forth.

What exactly does this do? Andre told me in another thread, that at least some of my old activities were going to undergo a transition to the new equipment anyways.

I was not really too happy about this, as I would have preffered to have something like a 1 and a 1a ( 1 being original, 1a being the activity modified to use the new equipment in the NA pack), however, I simply created a separate install for a virgin copy and then a modified copy. Problem solved.

So what does your tool do exactly?

Thanks for your patience.

MFOS

PS. Sorry I am sure the answer is in the forum somewhere, but I have alot of catching up to do, so in some cases asking saves alot of time (I'm estimating about 2 hours of backreading).

#7 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:34 PM

> Sheesh, I have just been away too long, and am not familiar enough
> with the equipment pack yet to know what it changed in the first place
> and so forth.

First off, the North Arkansas Equipment pack changes nothing in your StLNA route installation.

It is an assemblege of models created to be as accurate for the St. Louis & North Arkansas (circa 1903) as could be determined. It can be installed and used completely independant of the StLNA route.

> What exactly does this do?

Can I assume "this" to be the NA_DLW.zip activity rework contained in this thread?

If I assume correctly, then I can explain what the NA_DLW.zip file available in this thread accomplishes:

Herb Kelsey kindly went through all the supplied default activities that came with the StLNA route, and replaced the dated models with the superb models within the North Arkansas Equipment Pack. (Or "NA Pack" or "NAP" for short.) This includes the rollingstock, et al. Once the above zip is installed, no piece of default supplied StLNA equipment remains in the activities.

> Andre told me in another thread, that at least some of my old activities
> were going to undergo a transition to the new equipment anyways.

If I read you correctly, I think you have misunderstood me.

Let me stress again: Installing the NA Pack as purchased/downloaded will not alter ANYTHING with your StLNA route installation. Nada. Zip. Nothin'.

The NA Pack installer will merely empty it's contents into your MSTS' Trainset folder. It may also give you a selection of consists (trains) to run (I can't recall offhand), but will NOT affect ANY supplied activity that came with the StLNA route.

> I was not really too happy about this, as I would have preffered to have
> something like a 1 and a 1a

Well, bear in mind that once you see the new equipment, you will WANT to see it... over and over again... in ALL the activities.

Since installing the NA Pack into my MSTS installation, I have never again used the supplied StLNA equipment, it is THAT good. No, it's not that good... it's that EXCELLENT.

> So what does your tool do exactly?

Now you know!

> Thanks for your patience.

No prob.

#8 mmartin51

mmartin51

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:32 AM

Andre, I just bought the NAP. Has this been fixed or do I need to apply this file?

By just bought, I mean like yesterday.

Thanks.

#9 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:25 AM

Hi Mike:

No fixes or otherwise needed for the NAP. What is being discussed here is a set of activities that will replace the equipment supplied with the StLNA route with the better models from the NA Pack. The zip file in this thread is merely an alternative activity pack available to end users that have both the NA Pack and StLNA route. This zip makes it possible to use/see their new NA Pack stuff in all the StLNA activities that was supplied with the route.

Now, there is a texture update available for the NA Pack if you desire to install it. It updates one engine: #3. The updated texture adds some rivets that Jon had overlooked on his original #3. Yup, Jon is that serious about accuracy. If you want the updated texture for #3, it can be found in the Product Updates section of the VSC forum. Here's a direct link:

http://www.3dtrains....?showtopic=8784

#10 mmartin51

mmartin51

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:03 AM

Great. Thanks, Andre. Got the download. Great stuff for a great route.

#11 mako88sb

mako88sb

Fireman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:28 AM

Hi Andre.
I've had the St.L&NA route and NAP pack for awhile now but it wasn't till lately that I decided to give steam an honest effort. I've been enjoying myself quite a bit but like the fella above, I could use the zip file to change everything over. Thanks!

Rob

#12 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:46 AM

Hi Rob:

Try the link now. I have replaced the dead file with a fresh one. Hopefully all consists were included! rolleyes.gif

#13 mako88sb

mako88sb

Fireman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:49 PM

Got it now. Thanks Andre.

Rob

#14 gwgardner

gwgardner

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

Hello,

I just got STLNA and and the DLW NAP, then downloaded the DLW_act.zip file, to get the North Arkansas Equipment Pack. The file I got had only consists in it. Were there supposed to be activities also?

Thanks,
Gary

#15 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

As I recall, the DLW consist files directly replace the supplied/default StLNA equipment with the DLW NAP equipment. Thus, the activity need not be changed, as the new equipment is found in the consists the activities use.

Try it first... if I'm wrong, I'll try to figure out what I'm forgetting.

#16 gwgardner

gwgardner

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE(laming @ May 15 2008, 7:27 PM) View Post

As I recall, the DLW consist files directly replace the supplied/default StLNA equipment with the DLW NAP equipment. Thus, the activity need not be changed, as the new equipment is found in the consists the activities use.

I think you're right. I got confused because the original instructions mentioned copying activity files. However, that was not necessary. Thx.

#17 DanTay

DanTay

Mechanic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

Has anyone Tried or found out how to remove the crew from the DLW locos? The trains look great but those Lego Guys have got to go. I tried just removing the various crew files from the train folder for one of the trains but that just caused the game to crash when I tried to run it.

Dan

#18 DanTay

DanTay

Mechanic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(DanTay @ May 25 2008, 11:53 AM) View Post

Has anyone Tried or found out how to remove the crew from the DLW locos? The trains look great but those Lego Guys have got to go. I tried just removing the various crew files from the train folder for one of the trains but that just caused the game to crash when I tried to run it.

Dan

Well I figured out how to do it myself and for anyone else who wants to get rid of the crew here is the answer.

In your trains folder you will see folders for all the DLW NAP locos
The Folder names will start StLNA_***_* where the asterik is the number of a particular loco.
EX StLNA_440_2

Inside of each folder will be three .eng files you will need to modify They will have the same engine naming as the folder they are in.
AIStLNA_***_*.eng
HStLNA_***_*.eng
StLNA_***_*.eng

Do a search and remove the following line from each .eng file and save. Crew will now be gone.

FreightAnim( StLNA_***_*_crew.s 1 1 )

Again backup these files first before you do anything, so you can reuse them later if you want or put them back in case the game does not work after you modify them.

You will have to do this for every individual loco that you do not want to see crew on. I think the DLW NAP adds 7 locos to the game.

#19 Mans

Mans

Ticket Inspector

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE(laming @ May 16 2008, 3:27 AM) View Post

Hope it´s OK to breathe life into a almost dead thread.

Actually you need to change the activity files too since all the loose consists (i.e. cars that are placed on sidings) are defined in the act-files and not in the con-files. Having the replacement con-files is a great help but does anybody have the replacement act files? Of course I can do the changes myself (which I have started to do) but it would be easier to have the modified act-files.

/Måns

#20 mortsman

mortsman

Track Layer

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(atsf37l @ Jul 6 2005, 8:10 AM) View Post

Of course, if there are any problems, please let me know. tongue.gif

EDITORS NOTE: Dead Link Fixed 3/26/07

I can't tell you how much I enjoy the StL&NA and how much the new equipment pack has added to the value of the route.

There is just one thing, and I can't find an answer to it elsewhere in the forum. The update (I tried two downloads) did not include a replacement consist for activity #10 - "Helpin' Hand", the very activity I was looking forward to using the new StL&NA DLW #3 and #4 locomotives.

I have tried using Activity Master to replace the #4 player locomotive and tender with the new DLW versions. That worked OK, but left the AI #3 locomotive without a tender. I tried using ConBuilder to fix that and although ConBuilder showed the loose consist now contained the DLW version #3 and tender, it doesn't show up in the simulation.

I have tried different approaches and still don't get anywhere adding a tender back onto the AI consist locomotive.

I have probably missed something. Is there a replacement for this activity that will use the DLW Locos? Any guidance you can give me will be much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users