Need An Assist...
Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:36 PM
ok, I have the (NA) pack, but I can't get anything into an activity. I
tried using Activity master and it just fails to switch the locomotives out.
Other locomotives switch just fine, don't know if it is the route, the
activity master or the loco pack. I even tried using route riter, it won't
subsitute anything either. Any ideas?
Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:54 AM
Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:06 AM
ActivityMaster may be a bit easier to use in the long run, but it does require some "setup" to group the cars.
I was too impatient to do the setup and AM substituted modern freight cars into the old StL&NA.
Had no problem swapping locos.
I've been using ConBuilder to substitute the NAPack equipment into the StL&NA activities.
It allows you to substitute one car at a time into each Consist
Even substituted some non-NAPack T-O-C freight cars (sorry, Andre) into Activities.
Either AM or CB works; AM does a random replacement of cars, while CB allows me to pick which
car to substitute, so I prefer using CB in this case.
Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:18 PM
I don't know what is wrong. I have reinstalled the NA pack several times and I can see the loco and car files on the drive, but Activity Master can't seem to find them. Con Builder tells me I am saving replaced equipment over the old files, but guess what....nothing is changed in the activity. I tried Route Riter and it sees the locos and cars, but doesn't replace anything. This is very frustrating to say the least. I think I have run out of cuss words, so if you can at least provide some new ones for me to use......
Thanks if you can help, and thanks for trying.
Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:05 PM
Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:31 PM
Have you tried e-mailing Steve Davis at Skyline Computing with this problem.
I've found him to be very helpful
Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:15 AM
Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:03 AM
Let us know if there are any error messages, and what they are.
BTW are you using Train Store?
Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:01 PM
Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:21 AM
I have had a problem from time to time with Conbuilder consists not being recognised - this was, I think, because the name I gave was too long. Have you tried using the sim's AE to swap stock - with that you are restricted to very short names - could this be the problem?
Just out of interest, are you swapping out consists that came with the route, and if not, have you put the extra consists into the route's explore consists in Train Store and saved them there?
Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:03 PM
Also, be aware that some of Andre's traffic trains are user trains in other activities. If you change the consist, say, to an AI locomotive, it won't come up as a user in a subsequent activity.
Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:28 PM
Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:02 PM
Good idea - all mine start with my initials REM followed by the Railroad, engine type then brief consist details - all except for Gaetan's stock which have GB after my initials.
Makes for easy deletion when required.
Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:15 PM
Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:16 PM
Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:31 PM
I don't get the mismatched coupler message in Conbuilder
Here is a screen of the AE swap on my machine.
Perhaps it is to do with your set up - anyone else got any suggestions, cause I'm running out - got to get to work
Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:11 PM
Second, the new locomotives have auto couplers on front and bar to the tender and the tenders have bar in front and auto to the rear. So the locos and tenders do have both kinds of couplers. None of the other equipment has anything but auto couplers. The locos and tenders all have the same bar couplers so there should not be any problem mixing locos and tenders, but if a tender got located in mid train, that could be a problem. Also, I believe the original equipment had auto couplers on both ends of the locos and tenders so any mixing of new and old locos and tenders might cause a problem.
Other than those items, I cannot imagine what would cause the problems that have been mentioned.
Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:47 PM
A reason those files would get to you as "read only" was because I would often burn the unzipped folders to CD and forward to you. Burning to CD automatically makes the folder "read only". Once off the CD and on the hard drive the files then have to have the properties changed to "read/write".