Photo

A Potrait of Two Ladies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:39 PM

Well here is another pic from my lengthy signal waiting.

IPB Image

Here we have two drags, one is pulled by 2 relatively new SD70s while the other larger drag(mine) is being pulled by 4 30 year old engines. 2 SD40-2s, a SD45 and a SD40t-2.
They might not be the latest and comfiest, but those engines sure can get those 100+ cars moving. There is something about the feeling of power you can get with those older units that is lost with the newer engines. The power vibrates through you with every throttle increase as you skin 'em back and the exhaust pours out of the stacks (something the EPA does not like, but I don't care). The howl of the dynamics as you slow to a stop in a siding to await a fast moving "Q". As you pull on the horn lever you are rewarded with a melodious tune, something the button activated SD70s do not have.

#2 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:10 PM

Wow that is awesome, I would rather drive a SD40-2 than anything, sweet shot, got any more, you must have a good camera laugh.gif

And who cares, the EPA wasn't around for the old alco's when they smoked up the world (Or where they ) tongue.gif

#3 B32BWH

B32BWH

Engineer Trainee

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:23 PM

Hey Erik....do you run on the Fresno Sub? Say...around CP Need?

#4 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:20 PM

I did until today, now I am running back over Donner.

#5 forum1

forum1

UP's slave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:30 AM

Oh, darn... back over Donner, what a bummer that must be. HA! So you all set and on your own now Erik or still got a pilot with ya? In general, hows work treating you?

#6 B32BWH

B32BWH

Engineer Trainee

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE(century242 Posted on Jun 7 2005 @ 05:20 PM )
I did until today, now I am running back over Donner.

Well that must totally suck....yea right....anyways...if you ever saw some kid with a camera and tripod at S. Need then that was me...lol.

#7 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:47 AM

Don> The all nighter I did last night was my first trip over the hill since the end of Nov. However in 5 of the last 6 months I have logged 17,971 miles in 102 trips...about 66 to 70 of them to Fresno/Bakersfield and the rest to Oakland and San Jose. From now and until I am qualified, I will be running Donner, the FRC and Shasta routes...another 15k to 20k miles in the next 6 to 8 months. So the short answer is I am not set up yet.

B32> I have seen some people at need in a p/u taking pics and then I have seen another p/u there on several occasions with steamed windows.