Photo

Burlington Northern Mainline Power

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#21 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:42 PM

A few more 'railfan' shots from Crawford.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

A GP40 and two flavors of GP50s will also be in the set:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Plus a selection of freight cars, as always.

IPB Image

More soon.

#22 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:00 PM

looking very good Chip. they'll definitely get a workout here...

thanks,
Tim B

#23 tractionjackson

tractionjackson

Carbarn Crew

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

Very, very nice! The sim just keeps getting better and better.

Well done Dekosoft.

#24 eeic4768

eeic4768

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:41 AM

I would really love to see just one 710 powered unit- a GP60 or SD60, like BN 8300 EMD leaser, or SD60M #9294 from the early eighties for this new set...

Erika Eick

#25 exether_mega

exether_mega

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:32 AM

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD !

great job guys smile.gif !

Take care !

phil

#26 yellowdog

yellowdog

Just a grease spot on the L&N

• Beta Tester
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:49 PM

Looks great, guys--the models have really come a long way and Pete's paint is A+! (Patiently waiting for more CSX Heritage units.)

#27 USAF-FE Warren

USAF-FE Warren

Station Clerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:16 PM

Well i think this is another great addon pack for msts, i have bought the csx and bnsf mainline theme packs, and i must say that i love the sounds, cabview and well everything else under the sun!! I plan on buying this pack when it comes out also, though i think you should also have a bn gp30 included, maybe that can be a bonus for this pack and a patched gp30 for the bnsf pack. man you gotta love the unique look to those emds. Other than that Chip, great job and keep hammering away with those awesome emds!!

#28 eeic4768

eeic4768

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:13 AM

Streamlines has just released their Burlington Northern Set(Engine Pack1). I would rather buy the Dekosoft set- it will be consistent with my other Dekosoft sets & the sounds are great as well. Plus you get the rolling stock, something Streamlines doesn't offer yet. Please get your BN set out soon!

Erika Eick

#29 sstyrnol

sstyrnol

Santa Fe Nut

• Beta Tester
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:20 AM

Well, I guess you are trying to compare apples to bananas. If you look onto their website you see that the BN set is not a stand-alone set but meant to go along with their BN Northwestern Sub product line. So in due time you'll get a route and rolling stock to go with it.

However I am not here to defend SLI. I will in due time probably get both sets. I have most of Dekosofts sets and like them all. Yes, the locos look different, but no reason not to run them together! laugh.gif

#30 eeic4768

eeic4768

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:23 AM

"Well, I guess you are trying to compare apples to bananas. If you look onto their website you see that the BN set is not a stand-alone set but meant to go along with their BN Northwestern Sub product line. So in due time you'll get a route and rolling stock to go with it.

However I am not here to defend SLI. I will in due time probably get both sets. I have most of Dekosofts sets and like them all. Yes, the locos look different, but no reason not to run them together"

I have not heard of the BN Northwestern Sub. I did see the Super Series warbonnet units which I do want to buy. I have The UP and both Santa Fe sets from Streamlines. I also have the older MLT BN Heritage Set as well as the beautiful B30-7 B-unit form Diesels West, so I didn't want to add duplicate stock. I like both companies' products, but it's hard to keep all of my equipment sorted out. I guess I need a new utility- maybe 'MSTS Bookkeeper' so I can sort out my freight services.

Erika Eick

#31 kevarc

kevarc

Commissioner

• Lone Wolf Activities
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:49 AM

Erika, there is a real easy fix to keep things sorted.

Edit the name line.

For example
A Dekosoft, BNSF SD40-2, I would edit the name line like this

Name ( "BNSFDeko SD40-2 ****" )

The MLT will be

Name ( "BNMLT SD40-2 ****" )

Streamlines will be

Name ( "BNSFSTR SD40-2 *****" )

This helps me know where something came from.

#32 eeic4768

eeic4768

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:24 AM

Thank you Kevin, I will give that a try.

Sebastian, I have visited & enjoyed your web site. Very informative as to what is available for MSTS.

Erika Eick

#33 rgh69

rgh69

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:15 PM

Wow, those units look good. And the Crawford Hill route looks so much better with scalerail!

I see it's well worth the wait, it's been quit Dekosoft!

#34 sstyrnol

sstyrnol

Santa Fe Nut

• Beta Tester
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(eeic4768 @ Apr 20 2005, 05:24 PM)
Sebastian, I have visited & enjoyed your web site. Very informative as to what is available for MSTS.

You're welcome, Erica!

I try to be as current as possible while surfing all the website containing add-ons for MSTS. As I'm currently re-building my copy of MSTS I'm a bit short on pictures but that will change soon!

But yeah, Crawford looks extremely nice with Scalerail! Should be a definite download! smile.gif

#35 rgh69

rgh69

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:50 AM

[offtopic]

Sebastian,

I tried to visit your site but all I get is a blank page. Even with the lowest security setting I still can't get in.
Any suggestions? Or did you block my i.p. address wink.gif

[/offtopic]

#36 darkflyer

darkflyer

ATSF Crosstied and Certified

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(NewEngalandRailFan @ Mar 18 2005, 07:30 PM)
Mint!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I always liked BN, too bad they had to go soft and join ATSF wink.gif

Thanks guys, I love it cool.gif

Ahem!! I have never heard "BN" being mentioned as arguably the most noted railroad in history. ATSF even had song written for it.

#37 OwainGlyndwr

OwainGlyndwr

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:19 PM

I missed this thread,bummer. blush.gif

BN set looks like a must have purchase.

I am even getting to like the UP ( real thing ) after buying that set a while back. biggrin.gif

As we say here in West Wales ,"life sure is fun down on the Ponderosa". laugh.gif

Mike.

#38 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:17 PM

it's been a while since we've had an update - wondering how close this set is to completion. it's #1 on my current want list... rolleyes.gif cool.gif

#39 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:27 PM

Still coming around the bend... Those who've supported us I think will be pleased, and those who haven't.. watch and wait. wink.gif

#40 homefix213

homefix213

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:23 PM

Will the set be discounted to folks like me who have almost everything you sell (haven't got the CNW set yet, no reflection on your work just not one of my favorite RR's). The discount for previous customers is one of the things I appreciate and brings a lot of return business. I really enjoy the BNSF Mainline power set I have but prefer the BN as it suits the era I prefer to train sim in! smile.gif

Have a GR-8 day & "God Bless" ...... Don biggrin.gif