Photo

A&O Sub Student Run 2 Track Warrant

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 jerwin011

jerwin011

Railfan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:32 PM

The track warrant for the Student Run 2 gives authority to occupy the main between Berryville and Beaver from 1000 to 1300.

We arrived at Beaver and, not having been given authority to use the main beyond that point pulled into the siding. Just as we arrived near the west end, there was a transmission from a train ahead saying it would be in the clear by the time we arrived. I assumed this meant we were to go ahead and finish the run to Seligman without further ado.

I was a little worried there might be a cornfield meet, but there were no ill effects.

Just as a point of inquiry, what was the proper thing to do? Seems to me I either missed a message somewhere or we should have called the dispatcher (is there a way to do that when the route isn't signaled?) to get authority from Beaver to Seligman.

Jim

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:40 PM

Hi Jim:

Right you are. You should have been given authority via the dispatcher to occupy the main from Beaver to Seligman.

Looks as if I forgot to include that "tidbit" of info immediately following the conversation with the NoArk turn at Beaver.

My oversight.

Glad you didn't wait all night!

Perhaps it's time for me to start a list of any typos that can cause cornfusion such as this.

Andre