Photo

This is very strange...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 SCRF

SCRF

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:41 PM

When I first installed the A&O Sub everything ran smooth as silk. After a couple of days I start getting this studdering effect. The track appears to jump in blocks underneath your locomotive. I thought this was probably a drawing problem so I decreased my viewing distance. It got worse. Next I replace the Tsection.dat file with the default one. This does not help anything. I next replaced the entire global folder,nothing. I then reinstall the A&O and again nothing! mad.gif At this point I am getting really ticked! I decided to check some other routes and I am having the same problem. I uninstalled my video card next and reinstalled my drivers. You guessed it,nothing. I reinstall MSTS and replace all my files. This does no good also. Finally after trying everything I could think of I INCREASED my viewing distance from 1000 to 1500. Problem solved! biggrin.gif
I found this very odd because usually increasing viewing distance has the exact opposite effect. Just thought I would share this info with you all just in case it started happening to anyone else. After 2 whole days of this mess I am finally switching on the A&O once again! smile.gif

#2 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:57 PM

Yep, I had this kind of problem a long time ago but was able to figure it out without having to redo everything. Just probably a little more computer experience, so I have been running mine at 1500 for a while. Wouldn't think it would make that much difference but it does on some machines, like ours for instance. But thanks for posting that as it may help some others out there having that problem. Not a noticeable difference in the running of the game as far as the view is concerned either. Thanks for the input! wink.gif