Photo

Congrats To Erik

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 ssw_96

ssw_96

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 08:59 AM

I know most of you wont be able to see it. But, one of Erik's excellent photos was featured on the UPOnline page @ www.up.com I also want to congradulate Erik on being promoted to fireman in training. If this works out right, heres a pic of me and my ENLHO, a lite engine move to Houston TX.

IPB Image

#2 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:51 AM

Thanks Chad

#3 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 12:15 PM

Erik:

Why not post it here?

Signed:
Curious

#4 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 03:12 AM

Alright for those that can not see the pic. I have posted this around the MSTS sites before, but here is the UP rendition after they removed my copyright 2004 erik pierson

Attached Files

#5 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 08:52 AM

Thanks Erik!

You know you just can't have enough good pics!!

laugh.gif

#6 mjs2101

mjs2101

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:30 PM

Congrats Erik!

Thanks Chad for posting this news. Glad to hear things are going well for you also!

Mykel

#7 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:35 PM

Congrats to both of you, Erik and Chad.

If I were younger, I'd be tempted to go try to get on with one of the Class 1's. Don't think they'd be too interested in a 52 year old though. Doubt my shortline and tourist rr experience would mean much to them, either.

Chad: Are you a conductor trainee or an engineer trainee? Or are you finished schooling? You've been out of touch for some time... so I haven't a clue what your job is.

Andre

#8 HHackman1

HHackman1

Ticket Inspector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:55 AM

If I were younger, I'd be tempted to go try to get on with one of the Class 1's. Don't think they'd be too interested in a 52 year old though. Doubt my shortline and tourist rr experience would mean much to them, either.

GO FOR IT!! I've appiled twice to UP and last time I tried I asked about a manatory retirement age and they said nope they've even got a 70+ Electrician working for them. Also at that hiring session was a 60yr old trying out for the position. IMHO I think there eyes would lit up at your experience.

#9 Guest_djt_*

Guest_djt_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:55 PM

laming,

“Don't think they'd be too interested in a 52 year old though.”

The last couple of classes I taught (conductor training) had at least one or two people around your age. If you are interested they will hire you. Depending on where you are living I can probable get you in touch with a recruiter. Just remember it can be a miserable life style. I have seen first hand how new hires have no clue as to what they are getting them selves into.

-djt

#10 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:51 AM

First, my congrats to Erik for the picture and the promotion. Nice job. Also great pic of Chad there as well. Hope he is doing well also.
'As for Andre getting back into the business, my first reaction was "go for it", but then I remembered that if he did that we would probable lose out on some great future routes as he would just be too busy to do anymore. I do know how much you like railroading in the real world Andre, but we really need you here. But whatever you decide to do you have my full support and hope you have made the right decision for you and your family.

Again Erik, nice work and keep it up. Keep us posted on what you are doing from time to time, and get us some more great pics! wink.gif

#11 ssw_96

ssw_96

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 03:39 PM

Well all, I finished my conductors training and am working away in the yard.

#12 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

Good deal. Congrats! I kind of envy all you younger guys who are getting the chance to do what you want and love. I was never so lucky. Oh well. Can't have everything. Will just have to rely on the sim for my fun. sad.gif smile.gif wink.gif

#13 salopiangrowler

salopiangrowler

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:27 PM

Id love to work on any railroad, problem is im in the UK and getting a living permit in the US is like trying to win the lottery. Unless someone knows someone i can marry biggrin.gif tongue.gif no id rather do it the legal way. Whos the best RR to work for, i was thinking UP, you know hot Californian summers, Long Mountain Drags, 100+ freight cars in tow, Nature crossing in front of you. Its a nice thing isnt it railroading.

#14 Genma Saotome

Genma Saotome

Dispatcher

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:45 PM

Better talk to a railroad man before you sign up. The reality is just a bit different than the legend.

#15 B32BWH

B32BWH

Engineer Trainee

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:17 PM

Yea...the reality sucks. But for some (like I) that reality is strangly appealing...call me crazy. As soon as i'm the legal age to apply for either Amtrak or Santa Fe, i'm going to do it, no matter what anyone says...and (god help me) if i have to as a last resort i might apply to Unlimited Parking. I have gone to work with family that worked off the extra board and i'll tell ya, it sucks the big one, but i still love it.

#16 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:11 AM

Well if you want to work 12 to 29 hours on your way to your Away From Home Terminal, stay in some pig sty of a hotel for 30 hours with hookers and drug dealers everywhere and then working home in another 12 to 29 hours for a 12 hours stay before doing it all over again then it is a great job.

#17 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:58 AM

Never mix business with pleasure. tongue.gif Anything is fun until you HAVE to do it. I'll mark up in the sim. laugh.gif