Photo

NA Passanger Equipment

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 scottb613

scottb613

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:34 AM

All,

I regularly use the great looking passenger equipment that was repainted in the NA scheme... Sorry forget who's stuff that actually is...

Umm - err - unfortunately the NA experienced a slight mishap over the holiday weekend... On a trial run with that new Prairie - that new guy who hired on recently from the other road - decided to uncouple the equipment on top of Seligman Hill - without setting the hand brakes... He is now looking for a new job... Thankfully there were no people on it... The cars just took off rolling - last seen doing about 80MPH going out of sight around the bend... Probably in a ravine somewhere by now... The smart thinking telegraph operator gave Pender a heads up - just in case it somehow made it that far... Well - anyhow - we need some new passenger cars.... All those holiday travelers are stranded... We will need to improvise and clean out some box cars to use - until we get some new passenger equipment on line...

Seriously - since the cars took off rolling - does that mean that the brake values are incorrect ??? If so - has anyone corrected the values - and - wouldn't mind sharing ??? LOL - these cars were FLYING down that hill....

smile.gif

Thanks,
Scott

#2 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:50 AM

Scott:

What psi was the brake pipe at when you uncoupled? I never uncoupled from them in the sim myself, but a brake pipe reduction of 15 psi should hold them - 20 psi would be better.