Photo

OH WOW

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 moose49

moose49

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:27 PM

rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the Muffies and the SD's they are good.

#2 sstyrnol

sstyrnol

Santa Fe Nut

• Beta Tester
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 12:25 AM

Krauss-Maffei! laugh.gif

Fabulous German heavy-engineering corporation! Unfortunately long since taken over... sad.gif

EDIT: But they are indeed awesome locomotives (unique at least). Only thing I might suggest for a possible update is to make them a bit darker and add more weathering so that they tune in better with other SP units available. smile.gif

Edited by sstyrnol, 04 November 2004 - 12:27 AM.

#3 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 10:50 AM

OK, Will keep the dirty look in mind. The creator likes the clean look and thought that if some one wanted a dirty one, they can make it as dirty as they want.

#4 petersde

petersde

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 04:52 PM

David and Erik,

What a model! laugh.gif This is the kind of SP-specific stuff I have been thirsting for. I am especially impressed with the distinctly European-look of the cab--quite a contrast to the standard American cabs wink.gif . And the sound, much like the distinctive GE sounds, set this engine apart from the EMDs. In deference to the comment on the windows in an earlier post: indeed they are visually larger than the old AHM/Rivarossi model (I have one setting on my bookcase), but this in no way detracts from this outstanding model. I, for one, do not get mired in endless debates over details.

I hooked 9002 up to a 3DTrains F7B and 40 cars, and ran it out of Bakersfield. Pure bliss. biggrin.gif

To the prophets of doom over on the Surfliner Forum, here is the answer to your questions about the future of MSTS--great modelers and artists, with visionary route developers will find a way to persevere and satisfy the community. smile.gif

Thanks for your efforts--now, when is the DH-643 going to leave the shops?

Dave

#5 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 10:27 PM

The DH-643 should have been done a while ago, but like all good things it is not. tongue.gif

#6 delamate

delamate

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 11:12 AM

I downloaded the KMs yesterday, and had the SP units running on Tehachapi last night. These are beautiful locomotives! The detail is excellent. I really like the distinctive cabview and the sounds. They look great hauling a string of reefers up through Bealville.

John DeLamater

#7 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 11:15 PM

Hey Dave, I am tired of those doomsayers as well. No doom around here unless you want there to be. Just too much talent and too many nice new things coming out. What we have now is the cream rising to the top....the rest has sunk to the bottom of the barrel so to speak. That's all that has happened to this sim. Hey, I ain't giving up yet! Sometimes when I run conbuilder and find another thousand or so errors I start to think about it, but if I haven't left yet, I ain't goin' nowhere soon! huh.gif We have miles and miles of tracks to run yet in this sim. I am loving it myself!

wink.gif

#8 rgh69

rgh69

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:34 PM

Wow, how did I miss this one?

A belated thank you for those magnificent Kraus Maffei's!
IPB Image

edit: The red one is a German V300 also by Kraus Maffei (freeware by Thomas Pilder, repaint by myself)

#9 Mvolt3

Mvolt3

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:15 AM

Guys,

The DH643 is in the works - am Beta testing the C855A & B Set I built - textures are not done.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#10 exether_mega

exether_mega

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 11:28 AM

Amazing blink.gif
Great job !