Photo

Back Home: Updates & Musings...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#61 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 12:21 PM

Sounds good Bill, a gentle awakening to the possibilities!

Rod

#62 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 12:55 PM

There's an old addage in the railroad and model railroad magazine circles: "If you want to have a sell-out issue, put a Santa Fe Warbonnet on the cover." Works every time. Foamers remember the Lionel F-3s, even if they're not particularly into Santa Fe. Something in their railroading-heart-of-hearts makes them go for that red, yellow, black and silver paintscheme.

With 3DTrains' V4 ATSF Warbonnet F-7s.....well, need I say more about "attention grabbers?"

#63 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 11:58 PM

Sounds like a plan Bill, I say go for it. And Herb, you are right as well. I guess what got me into this hobby, never been a railfan or railroad hobbiest previous to the release of MSTS, but seeing those pictures of the Warbonnet certainly caught my eye and just the fact that I could actually run a train myself over a route lured me in. And then I checked out the forums and saw some of the great scenes from the sim itself, and this is over three years ago, how far we have come from those pictures. But still, everyone is correct. Need to grab the reader right off with some spectacular shots, like Bill's plant and a sharp looking engine and rolling stock rolling over a huge bridge with the water below looking very real. Then nab them with, "where would you like to run your train next? And what line would you like to engineer. You can do it all with this sim." Something along that line anyway.
Wasn't aware Marc had done that before. Hmmmmm......Gotta get him interested too. And anyone else with any talent. Perhaps the ease at which one can do most anything in this sim would be worth mentioning as well. Heck, I know nothing much about trains, but I can reskin them, just from seeing them here and reading some excellent tutorials. I think all this would grab the public if done right. smile.gif