Photo

Time and Place?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:10 AM

I sent a email to Jon Davis, about making a 2-6-0, and if he ever does(Hope one will come with the Colorado route, I am gonna paint that engine there.

Thanks,
Jonathan

#22 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:16 AM

Sometimes, when a shortline is really short, even the size of the equipment must be scaled back. wink.gif laugh.gif

Ok, one more time!! mad.gif

#23 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:17 AM

Sometimes, when a shortline is really short, even the size of the equipment must be scaled back. wink.gif laugh.gif

Now, for those of you that may be interested, this is not a home made locomotive. It is an EMC Model 40, built in 1940. It was built by General Motors' Electro-Motive Corporation and there were only eleven built, between 1940 and 1943. It was built to compete with GE's 44 toner and most were used by the government during WW II.

Attached Files

Edited by pnrailway, 09 October 2004 - 06:20 PM.

#24 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 09:05 AM

Tim:

Thanks for the tech info. I figured it was wrecked and rebuilt with either a RS-11 nose, or RS-32, something like that.

Paul:

Ah! The 201! I knew that sucker well. Hot son-of-a-gun in the middle of a sweltering Ozark summer. After running it all day, and once home that night, my left foot/ankle/shin would be red from being baked all day! Think I recall it being something like 130-140 degrees in the cab by the backhead. Oddly enough... I enjoyed every minute of it! Sick, eh?

LOVE the pic of the TOC (Turn of the 19th Century) track gang! Don't know if they came from the Ozarks, but they sure look like pics I have of such Ozark crews from "back then". Tough men. Tough era.

JT:

Jon's a busy boy. He's working on two projects for VSC. The more you email him, the less work he'll get done. wink.gif

Your desire for a mogul is duly noted. biggrin.gif

Patience, young Grasshopper, patience.

Andre Ming

#25 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(pnrailway @ Oct 7 2004, 10:37 AM)
But going back in time, there was a track gang I remember back on the North Arkansas that just had to stop and pose for a picture.

I believe they had been busy laying some new track for Andre's A&O Subdivision to allow for more traffic or something like that.

why does the song 'Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head' come to mind when I look at that picture??? rolleyes.gif

#26 hughes407

hughes407

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 11:36 AM

Andre,

If the A&O Sub is going through Rogers, don't forget about that stationary display Frisco caboose located at First and Walnut by the old station. I sent you a picture of it a long time ago.

Don Hughes

#27 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:48 PM

Hello Don,

First no unsure.gif BUT, there is a route in the File Library at Train-sim called the Frisco Ft. Smith Subdivision by Larry Friddle, right now I am doing a major over-haul on textures and such so if you want a great route of Arkansas just download that one, and its FREE, no affence Andre laugh.gif

Thanks but I have no pics, dang blush.gif
Jonathan

#28 zhilton

zhilton

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:30 PM

I've tried running that Ft. Smith route that is on Train-sim. There must be something in the wire in my neck of the woods, because both myself and a friend haven't been able to get the line to load. We both downloaded after the first of September...so the files should be good. Anyone else having troubles? unsure.gif