Photo

CN/CP freeware?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Colman

Colman

Brakeman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:50 PM

Does anyone have any CN freeware, or CP freeware?

Thank you.It means alot.

#2 wpfan

wpfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:55 PM

You kind of picked the wrong place for this one. SLW is focused more on western US roads in the steam era than Canadian. However if you have a few bucks to spare I would recomend that you check out Maple Leaf Track's Kicking Horse Pass route.

#3 Colman

Colman

Brakeman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:02 PM

i did, i can't afford it, and i was leaning more towards CN, not CP no offense on CP though

#4 wpfan

wpfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:14 PM

Well I am pretty positive that you could find something CN over at the train-sim.com file library. I've never really looked for CN stuff, judging by your image, you're more of a diesel guy so that does increase your odds. I won't say that SLW will never do any CN locomotives, but it is highly unlikely, and if we were to do something it would definately be steam.

#5 mjs2101

mjs2101

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:34 PM

Hey, you can't forget SLW's eastern division! tongue.gif

As for CN engines and cars, there is a decent collection of diesels and freight cars available at Train-Sim. I believe there is also a passenger car set with F-Units! Of course you cannot forget Marc's excellent F-Units he did in CN colours. There was also a Dekosoft CN SD-40-2 release. I cannot remember if it was a repaint or part of a set. You can post a message on the Deko forum and I am sure they can help you out there.
Hope this helps!

Mykel

#6 Colman

Colman

Brakeman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:50 PM

i have looked there, i do have a disk with alot of CN stuff, was kinda hoping though, anyway thanks, any CP files?

#7 Longhairedwizard

Longhairedwizard

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:06 PM

There is a nice freeware CN route , the CN Blackfoot sub as well as plenty of high-quality freeware in Canadain National livery.
If you cant afford Maple leaf track's prices than I think freeware is your only other option bucko!!!

Longhairedwizard

#8 Colman

Colman

Brakeman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:29 PM

i have the CN blackfoot sub, its boring though, its alot of nothing for alot of time, you can only go one way too, theres been reports on train-sim about CNR's Newmarket sub. I live on it, Bracebridge, i'd love to have updates on free or payware for that if anyone knew

#9 wpfan

wpfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:54 PM

You want a couple of good freeware routes with lots of great activities go find the ones that Rich Garber did, East Metro RR, and Ohio Rail. Go to his website for more info http://www.edmfamily.../msts/index.htm. The best patware route that I've purchased is Canton with the Suddenly extension, it's got lots of play value to it.

#10 Colman

Colman

Brakeman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:04 PM

thanks