Photo

Another Suprise First Look!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:25 PM

Received these pics from Gaetan... laugh.gif

Attached Files

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:25 PM

And another...

Attached Files

#3 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:27 PM

Last one for now...

biggrin.gif

Andre

Attached Files

#4 zhilton

zhilton

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 03:36 PM

All Right! biggrin.gif That looks great! It does bring up one question, does the simulator switch the headlight depending on direction of travel or is the headlight over the cab the only one that works? I've noticed on some MSTS locomotives, only the front lights come on when you turn the lights on...and others both front and back will be on when you turn the lights on.

#5 TomW

TomW

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:05 PM

AWESOME!!! The PERFECT grimy look these units acquired in day-to-day railroadin'.
Very Impressive; even the track looks better!

Question: In the area of Cab Controls, did these early Alcos have manual Transition????
I'm pretty sure the early Fairbanks-Morse units (like the H16-44) had manual Transition,
but I'm not sure about the early Alcos & EMDs.

TomW
SR&RL

#6 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:50 PM

Andre,

With the way these shots keep looking, this route is going to ne the best looking eastern route out there, bar none. wink.gif

Paul

#7 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:47 AM

Zhilton and Andre: Most switchers operate in some form of dual mode. Headlight Dim will turn on one light and Headlight Full will turn on the other. I'm wondering if Gaetan is doing the S1 that way?

#8 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:34 AM

Andre,

Its looking better and better - the money in my pocket is just itching to be spent!

Rod

#9 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 05:15 PM

On the reverse light question, Gaetan has the following to say. (Note: Gaetan's having trouble posting here, we hope to fix that soon.)

"I try to reply to the guys about the lighting on S2 , yes the two light work DIM for backward and i have also put a cone light on the back of the engine when you are in DIM , but MSTS don't permit reverse cone light ( sorry is the best i can make ) Gaetan"

Looking good, isn't it fella's?

Andre

#10 zhilton

zhilton

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 08:13 PM

That sort of answered my question. Ya'll don't laugh at the green horn too much....but what does he mean by a cone light? blush.gif

#11 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:54 PM

"Light cone", or "cone of light" refers to terms coined by KUJU. Basically, that's the way the illumination "beam" is defined within the sim. Think of it as an illumination radius/height/distance that's shaped like a megaphone.

What Gaetan is saying, is that there is no way to have a true reversed light cone as defined by MSTS. Thus, instead of having two megaphones placed mouthpiece to mouthpiece, you have them elephant style.

Otherwords, instead of this:

>eng< (forward)

The sim can do this:

<eng< (forward)

It will be effective enough, but not strictly prototypical.

Andre

#12 Gixxer86

Gixxer86

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:56 AM

Very nice!

#13 Gbel2001

Gbel2001

Engineer

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:36 PM

He guys , i am here now , if you have question i can reply now

Thanks Andre

Gaetan biggrin.gif

#14 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:15 PM

Need a Beta Tester tongue.gif

Thanks,
Jonathan

#15 zhilton

zhilton

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:28 PM

Now I smell what you're stepping in blush.gif . I wasn't sure what the light cone (or cone of light) had to do with a locomotive. My limited experience with MSTS has left me with more questions than answers. HO made allot more since...but V Scale has allot more models and trackage for ALLOT less space! Y'all thank you for explaining it out to me.

#16 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 02:25 AM

Nice work so far Gaetan, but I have a lot of work ahead of me to clean those units up! tongue.gif You know me by now. I like em clean, just the opposite of you, but that's ok as you do fantastic work on your engines. Am getting somewhat familiar with the Alco's now, having done some reskinning for someone with a fictional railroad. It is definitely different than doing EMD's, but I am getting the hang of it.

Just remember Gaetan, this railroad that Andre is doing wasn't that old then, so the engines weren't a total mess, plus the LNE line kept their engines pretty clean. At least the ones I ever saw in person or in books. I know you like them used, but remember this line did not have them looking too used!

Doesn't matter, a job well done so far. I will clean them up for my consumption. Just a thing with me Gaetan, just as it is a thing with you to have them as dirty as possible. wink.gif biggrin.gif

#17 Gbel2001

Gbel2001

Engineer

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 03:08 AM

Yes but the problem is i work only with real color pictures for look realistic and is hard to find good colors pictures of the LNE with engines clean , sorry

Gaetan

#18 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:23 AM

I'm surprised that no one has commented on that caboose - one of the best looking caboose models I've seen...

this is going to be a great add-on... cool.gif

#19 HHackman1

HHackman1

Ticket Inspector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:48 AM

Well I've been noticing that although faded that for the most part BNSF engines are pretty clean. I don't think this is from washing them on a regular basis but the fact that the paint jobs are only 9 years old or less. At least in my part of the country(Denver). So maybe you could judge the cleanliness by that ? rolleyes.gif

#20 ChiliLine

ChiliLine

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(Gbel2001 @ Sep 15 2004, 06:08 AM)
Yes but the problem is i work only with real color pictures for look realistic and is hard to find good colors pictures of the LNE with engines clean , sorry

Please don't feel the need to apologize for your excellent work, Gaetan - those models look fabulous!

I'm most amazed at the fact that these are still being considered "works in progress" - I can't imagine them getting any more realistic looking!

Andy