Photo

SD80Macs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 CSX4702

CSX4702

Railfan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 05:45 PM

[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

what ever happened to the SD80macs kelley started at sacromento locomotive works?

Are they still being worked on. can anyone give me any answers please? huh.gif

#2 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:18 PM

I am sure they are still being worked on just as the Cal-P route is but since two of them have just started new jobs that are taking them away from here a little more than they planned and because of other prior commitments, etc, that it is going to take some time before they can get these things done. But, I can pretty much assure you that Erik and the guys have not quit anything they have previously commited to do and will get them done as soon as they humanly can. But sometimes the sim has to take away from real life things. That is a given. Just be patient and you will see these units at some point. wink.gif smile.gif

#3 AEM7AC 920

AEM7AC 920

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(CSX4702 @ Aug 6 2004, 05:45 PM)
[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

what ever happened to the SD80macs kelley started at sacromento locomotive works?

Are they still being worked on. can anyone give me any answers please? huh.gif

I was thinking the same thing they never released the sounds or the Patch to the SD90's also

#4 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:26 AM

I will look into the patch for you guys, it was my impression it was going to be released some time ago.

As far as the SD80s, last Kyle had to say about them was they would not be released with out custom sounds.
Any volunteer's for sounds?
I guess the guy who was going to do them for us decided to either not complete, lose them or sell them to some one else. I have heard nothing from him since right before we released the SD90s. I have sent off several emails and have heard nothing in return, so I have come assume the worst.

#5 AEM7AC 920

AEM7AC 920

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 03:41 PM

Well Everyone there still are UP SD90's from MLT

#6 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:58 PM

If you wish to advertise for MLT, do it on their forums.

#7 AEM7AC 920

AEM7AC 920

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:45 PM

That was not met to advertise but going to leave it at that. It's just not fair that people purchased the loco's expecting to get the cabs, sounds, and models, not ot mention the SD80's never came also. From time to time we were not updated or anything just told to wait and now it's nothing yes things happen but if no one asked the questions when was this planned to be told

#8 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:44 PM

I agree with you and I apoplogize for leaping to conclusions about the advertising. I have had a rather rough week and am a bit cranky today.

Now let me address the whole mess with the Sd90s.
The sounds were supposed to have been done with in a few days of the release and we decided to release them at the request of several people.
As for the patches to the Sd90s.....last I heard from Kyle was they were about finished and would be released soon. I have an email into him to find out what the status is.

Now as for the Sd80s.

They will not be released until we get some sounds for them. I have talked with several people today who do sounds for other computer programs/games. When I hear something from them or the others I have emails out to I will let you all know.

AS for now I need to go to bed as the phone will probably be ringing in a few hours for another midnight local.

#9 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 11:42 PM

Well Everyone there still are UP SD90's from MLT

You know, despite the promises and all, I don't think that comment was called for personally! You know things do happen and as far as I can see, Erik has been aboveboard in his comments and in answering the questions you have put to him. He is the mouthpiece here and the go between. He is doing his best to get this all squared away, but when you have someone who is doing the sounds just up and walk away then it makes it a problem that takes time to resolve and find someone else to do them for SLW. Look people, these people are human and have human jobs and human problems just like we all do so how about cutting them some slack for a bit and they will get it ironed out to everyones satisfaction. Sure, you have a right to be angry or upset with them but if they come on here and explain how things are then that should be enough to satisfy you for the time being. What it does not call for is the above quote! That is pure ignorance on the part of the writer! And if you have a responsible and intelligent reply or explanation for that comment then by all means let's hear it. Because it certainly doesn't belong here. This is not train-sim dry.gif

#10 AEM7AC 920

AEM7AC 920

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE(century242 @ Aug 7 2004, 09:44 PM)
I agree with you and I apoplogize for leaping to conclusions about the advertising. I have had a rather rough week and am a bit cranky today.

Now let me address the whole mess with the Sd90s.
The sounds were supposed to have been done with in a few days of the release and we decided to release them at the request of several people.
As for the patches to the Sd90s.....last I heard from Kyle was they were about finished and would be released soon. I have an email into him to find out what the status is.

Now as for the Sd80s.

They will not be released until we get some sounds for them. I have talked with several people today who do sounds for other computer programs/games. When I hear something from them or the others I have emails out to I will let you all know.

AS for now I need to go to bed as the phone will probably be ringing in a few hours for another midnight local.

Thanks for the update no hard feelings.. Still looking foward to the next big project from you guys cool.gif