Just finished laying the Lackawanna (DL&W) track in the Portland, PA area... thought I'd throw up a quick RE map of what the Portland/Hainesburg area offers. Here's some notes to go along with the number locations...
1. LNE main line west to Pen Argyl yard in Pen Argyl, PA.
2. DL&W Interchange with the LNE. This is where the LNE will typically pick up inbound cars from the DL&W.
3. DL&W "Hill Top Yard". This is where the LNE will DELIVER outbound cars to the DL&W.
4. Portland station siding. Utility siding for spotting cars for off-loading.
5. 4+% grade DOWN to the DL&W wye/yard at location 8.
6. LNE's "Delaware River" crossing. The DL&W mainline passes beneath.
7. Quarry spur.
8. DL&W wye/yard. The LNE can/will deliver full tonnage consists (i.e. complete trains) to/from this yard when the capacity of the LNE interchange tracks at location 2 or 3 are exceeded.
9. Susquehanna (NYS&W) Hainesburg interchange with the LNE for receiving inbound cars from the NYS&W.
10. LNE Hainesburg interchange area for outbound cars to the NYS&W. Full tonnage LNE consists can terminate/originate here.
11. The Paulins Kill viaduct area of the the DL&W. The LNE passes under the Paulins Kill viaduct.
12. Hainesburg proper. Couple spurs to serve.
13. NYS&W main line east. The LNE shares trackage rights on this portion all the way to Swartswood Junction, a distance of 18 miles.
As you can see... this area alone is going to produce a TON of operational opportunities! In addition, 90% of the DL&W main lines through the area are double track and had a virtual parade of trains thereon. This will afford mucho opportunities for lots of "eye candy" as well as interaction with AI DL&W trains.
Not all areas modeled are this active, but there is enough along the way to insure that we'll never want for things to do on the Lehigh & New England!