Photo

Snow and backwoods

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:26 PM

Getting a lot of fun out of this route. Not running too many activities but I am diving into the textures and RE in a way I have never wanted to before in MSTS. Learning a lot and having a great time.

Trying to perfect that backwoods feel, sort of inspired by Tim Baldwin's posts under "a couple more from Quinnimont".

Attached Files

#2 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:28 PM

Whoa!! No train or track, but the cabin and surrounds sort of captures the feel I am trying to get.

Attached Files

#3 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:31 PM

Looks super to me!

I'm glad you're having a great time with the route. Amazing how a route can capture one's attention, and by default, you start learning about RE because of it! In the past, that's what started me on my way toward route building! Tinker in RE long enough, Rod... and you'll get hooked on building routes. smile.gif

Andre

#4 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:35 PM

Starting work on the snow textures (following inspiration from Mike) - but it shows up the need for a snow texture set for the stock.

This at Tunnel

Attached Files

#5 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:36 PM

And Freeman, with snow textures on the water tower and hand car shed

#6 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:38 PM

Too quick!

Attached Files

#7 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:46 PM

Andre,

Thanks for that - I am tempted, but think I will take it nice and slow just now - seen enough of the dreaded "Send - Don't Send" already to make me cautious.

Rod

#8 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:56 PM

Super Rod! Onward! tongue.gif

#9 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(august1929 @ Jul 20 2004, 05:26 PM)
Trying to perfect that backwoods feel, sort of inspired by Tim Baldwin's posts under "a couple more from Quinnimont".

well, that's my purpose in posting the pics. glad they had the desired effect... cool.gif

p.s. that screenshot of the cabin in the woods is superb...

#10 ChiliLine

ChiliLine

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(august1929 @ Jul 20 2004, 06:26 PM)
... I am diving into the textures and RE in a way I have never wanted to before in MSTS.

laugh.gif

Another unsuspecting soul captured by the Route Monster...er, Editor! Very nice work with the textures and the vegetation. I'll join the chorus of encouragement - keep on plugging away at the RE, and pretty soon we'll have another expert cranking out super routes for us to enjoy.

One of the great things about more route builders is that we've each got our own favorites. I'd never have imagined that I'd be enjoying Arkansas railroading when I got into this hobby, but watching the development of the NA and Andre's obvious enthusiasm for it got me interested in it as well. There are far more "little" routes that can be built than we have time to tackle, so this is one of those hobbies that will always have a freshness to it. Hard to get bored when there's always something new.

Andy

#11 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:12 PM

You guys cut it out now. You are beginning to inspire me to make another attempt at a short route. And I know I will lose it all again. And I couldn't take that....
In all seriousness, you are doing a very good job with the textures and I say go for it and I bet you will be building something for us all soon. I hope so anyway. We never have enough routes. Especially, hint hint, steam engine routes! wink.gif