Photo

First Custom Structure Hits The LNE!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:56 PM

Just received the first finished custom object for the LNE from Master Modeler Wayne Campbell! Lands it's more than I hoped for!

The stately Paulins Kill Viaduct is the overpowering signiature item in the Hainesburg Junction area... it can be seen from all around. I wanted it to really be a knock-out model.

Well... it IS!! Below you'll find a couple RE grabs of the completed structure.

Obviously, I now want to go into this area and detail it out!

BTW, the LNE runs BELOW the Paulins Kill Viaduct... the double main on top of it belongs to the Lackawanna, and a constant parade of trains was thereon in the early 50's... as will be the case during an LNE activity!

Ain't she purdy?? biggrin.gif

Andre

Attached Files

#2 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:05 PM

Whoa Nellie! SWWEEETTT!! Really nice job. Really nice. Gotta get me one of those too!

Rich G

#3 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:12 PM

Andre,

Route's looking good and the viaduct is a great piece of modelling by Wayne.

I find I am caught in a bit of a dilemma - can't wait for you to finish it, but I don't want anything to distract from North Arkansas (getting something out of this route that I have never got out of MSTS before!).

So - you gotta hurry, but not in too fast a fashion!

Rod

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:13 PM

Rich:

Back! Back! Ongowa! Ongowa!

Gonna' assimilate Wayne into the Canton Borg???

Aggghhhhhhhh!

laugh.gif

Andre "3 of 9" Ming

Rod:

Oh lands me... I'm MONTHS away from this first LNE segment being ready for prime time. MONTHS. Enjoy the NA to its fullest!

Andre

#5 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:28 PM

Keep up like this and the L&NE will be an impossible route for ANYONE to resist. You'll be rich Andre. You'll be rich, and that is just for starters. The world of train sims will be beating a well worn path to your door!!! wink.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

#6 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:34 PM

Wayne is a master, just as you said. tongue.gif

Great!

#7 ChiliLine

ChiliLine

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:34 PM

Beautiful work! The route is off to a spectacular start, to say the least. My hat's off to Wayne for such a well-constructed model.

This is one of those times when route building is NOT a lesson in tedium. But on that note, attention to the tedious aspects of route building is what makes the difference between a good route and an excellent route. It's hard to be original when all I can do is repeat the refrain - I can hardly wait to see the end result!

Andy

#8 Shaa

Shaa

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:50 PM

My hats off to Wayne. Thats a superb bit of modeling. smile.gif And Andre take your time as I'm going into overload what with you and Rich and now Cascade's on its way to my door I'm like a kid on a sugar rush laugh.gif ain't life grand.

Jim

#9 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:26 PM

I would agree with you Jim.

Fantastic structure Andre, my hat's off to Wayne who did a fantastic job recreating the structure and so quickly. Ahh the touch of a craftsman's hands. Nothing like it.

Well, obviously Andre, you wil have to begin here with this magnificent structure staring you in the face. I know that is where my eyes would be diverted to for the time being. Have fun with it. I know you will! Take your time with it. The longer it takes, the better it will be. wink.gif