Photo

Lessons In Tedium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:25 PM

LNE foamers...

Earlier this evening, I figured now was as good a time as any to start creating the various terrtex "blend" patches I'll be needing. Well, I just finished the last batch, as well as finishing off a break time snack. (Tossed salad w/French dressing, if you're getting hungry smile.gif )

Along with the forest terrtex, I now have a grass terrtex and a complete set of blends for forest-to-grass and grass-to-cinders. Doesn't sound like much, but that's something like 9 terrtex files created tonight! blink.gif Still to come will be the grass-to-row-crops and grass-to-dirt (humus/peat moss fields) sets.

Oh yes, also created a set of cinder transfers for spot use... that's a set of something like six transfers. Dirt transfers await.

Anyhoo... once I've got my terrtex patches and blends created... it's off to the next phase!

Ain't route building fun? blink.gif

Well... before I get back to my paint program... below you'll find a pic of how they'll be used. (Again using the Augusta Jct scene for a comparison.)

erdnA wacko.gif

Attached Files

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:30 AM

Tedium continued...

From the onset of this route, I've wanted to be able to capture as much accuracy in the track and gradients as reasonable. I want those that railroad on this route to experience in virtual as much of the Lehigh & New England as I'm capable of producing. Sometimes the fiddling and tinkering spent trying to get a track alignment to match the markers and any pictures of the scene also gets tedious.

But...

Every now and then things come together in a way that the fiddlesome aspects of trying to get it right rewards me with a personal satisfaction.

Amid some more odds and ends, I happened to be looking at Augusta again, and as I did, I noted with satisfaction the markers and track interaction...

Attached Files

#3 Guest_cyberjim_*

Guest_cyberjim_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:29 AM

All that jargon sounds greek or french to me--but it looks like you're moving along at a pretty good clip to me.
Just keep doing like you are and show us pics with snippets of RE jargon as you go!!

#4 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:02 AM

Very well done in all aspects, Andre.

I've yet to be able to "nail" markers and track as you've done there, and you're using Scale Rail to boot!

Hat's off to you! wink.gif

#5 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:02 PM

Well having once tried a route all I can say is wow. That's hitting the nail on the head. And just maybe Mike, Scalerail is the reason he is able to do that??!!!! Just a thought. Excellent work Andre and the textures look great as well. You have my undivided attention to be sure. wink.gif