Photo

Snow/Night Texture Goof

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 05:30 PM

Greetings, blush.gif

In my attempt to make installation of my set of Night and Snow textures easy and painless I combined the set and created a zip which if extracted to the Train Simulator root was to put all files in the proper folders. Welp, not quite.

Those who use the embedded .zip inside my .zip will discover a new set of "Night" and "Snow" folders as children of the "stl_NA" route but outside the "Textures" folder. They do belong there.

I've uploaded a "FIX" to train-sim.com and also to my own forum, which allows proper one-click extraction to the Train Simulator folder for those who want to install that way.

Sorry folks. sad.gif

--
Mike

#2 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:58 PM

Thanks Mike, figured it out on my own but perhaps others didn't so very good that you took the time to do that for others. If we could only get others to do the same thing. Some routes are total nightmares because of all the changes made and one cannot discern what is what anymore. The one I was speaking of I saw last night that they have finally awakened to realize that just redoing all of the changes and putting them into a brand new download will make it so much easier than what is currently out there. I just hope they have enough sense to get rid of everything else. Sad, when you have update 12 to a route with nothing but corrections.
So anyway, getting off the bandwagon that wasn't even your float, I thank you for promptly correcting and making it easier for the folks who are not as MSTS savvy as some of us oldtimers! wink.gif