Photo

SLSF 4-4-0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 09:07 PM

Well getting finished with the 4-4-0 and I thought I might post a few pics of it. All I gotta do is add a few more "Special" things to it and she will roll into T-S Library. Thanks to Tim Hunter for doing the alpha, that stuff is HARD mad.gif Tell me how you like it, and if you want anything else done and with the other stuff I am adding, hopefully, it will look good on the STL&NA

Here are a few shots of it from Tender and Engine

Attached Files

#2 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 09:08 PM

And the tender laugh.gif

Attached Files

#3 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 09:24 PM

Looks good Jonathan.

Bet you didn't realize that the Eureka Springs Rwy had a similar 4-4-0 that was transferred to the books of the StL&NA, did you? It was #2, the "Powell Clayton". #2 was retired in 1915.

Andre Ming

#4 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 09:49 PM

Nope Had no Idea, Well If I knew I would of change it to 2 instead of #22 blush.gif

#5 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:25 PM

Really good Jonathan - that lettering looks excellent. Could do with a 4-4-0 on the line!

Keep it up

Rod

#6 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:29 PM

Good job Jonathan looks very nice. The only thing and this is nothing against your reskin as this is the way many of these engines were back then but I hate the red wheels. I know it is prototypical of those engines but man they remind me of a carnival or something. I would have made them gold or black or something other than red. But please don't change them because I said that. This is the way most of them were so that is fine. When I download it though I am going to change the red wheels just like I have every other one I have that has red wheels. Yech!

The reskin looks great though and thank you for the kudo! My pleasure. Just make sure in the future not to lose the alpha channel, ok!? wink.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

#7 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:46 PM

Hey what do yall think for a different color wheel, It had came to my mind but I never thought about it. I'd have to paint it and then send to Tim again for Alpha, but it would make it alot better looking and make it more sutiable for the STL&NA

Any color ideas blush.gif I was thinking about the yellow or the color on the engine itself, the shiny look will make the wheels look good to blush.gif

#8 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:06 PM

I just looked at the wheel ace in the folder, I can do it but It is gonna take all my skill to do it. Right now I am just gonna look at it and see what I can do to make it match the engine, here is what I am gonna be fighting with until 3 am here sad.gif unsure.gif I still can't deside what color

WHOLE LOT OF ALPHA ON THIS

Attached Files

• Attached File  52.jpg   43.19KB   0 downloads