Photo

A Glimpse Of Things To Come...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:39 AM

Some of the main elements at this location are in place so that I can begin to "see" the scene in my mind. Thought I'd share it with any/all that's interested. What you're looking at...

Westbound through Augusta, NJ as a Lackawanna freight cools its heels waiting for the LNE to clear the diamond.

Ahead on the other side of the diamond is the LNE pass track. The track swinging to the left off the pass track is the Lackawanna connection track to a small interchange yard. To the right is a small industry spur.

Augusta, NJ: Noplace USA that happens to be a railroad someplace "back then".

Andre

Attached Files

#2 Guest_Reading_Lines_*

Guest_Reading_Lines_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:41 AM

Andre,

Boy, you really know how to get an old guy worked up. Please take it easy on my heart. My Father worked for Lakawanna RR in the early 1900s and used to sing a song to me as a kid that was very popular back then called "The Delaware Lackawan". The words went something like "Where do you work a John, on the Delaware Lackawan". I knew the LNE was going to be a super route since you first gave us some of your ideas, so I shall wait patiently in the wings.

Fortunately I have enough to keep me busy for the next few months with the fabulous STL&NA which will help to take some of the heat off of the wait. Now with Mike and his Overseas RR perhaps due about the same time I can truly say it doesn't get much better than this.

MSTS-2? Who needs it when experts like Andre, Rich and Mike put their skills and creativity to the grindstone. Thanks guys, you're the best! cool.gif

#3 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:04 AM

Agreed 100% on all points wink.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif Bring it on, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul