Photo

Missouri & North Arkansas Boxcar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:37 PM

Yet another transition boxcar for you. This one with the M & NA transitional herald designed from a boxcar photo Andre had. It's a tad newer than the route but not by much.

You'll find it in my forum ready for download, and Train-Sim will have it in a day or so.

Enjoy!

Attached Files

#2 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:41 PM

wink.gif Real Good Mike, and I gave up so I am goin back to engines and Wooden gondola huh.gif

#3 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

Thanks Jonathan. This one was pretty easy because I had the original Photoshop layered files with elements on separate layers. I also had a .zip package from previous versions to use as a template.

All I had to do was update the FILE_ID.DIZ, Readme, photos, consist, .ace, and change all references to the name in the .s, .sd, and .wag files.

It has aready been uploaded to T-S along with my night/snow textures for the depots. If nothing else, some may be reminded the route exists and several are already at work enhancing it.

#4 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:00 PM

I was gonna put it on the other side and I use Auguest1929(Don't know his name) and No. 5 where he used new wood for the damage I guess, I put nails where they where damaged, looked pretty good until I put the Herald on it anyway mad.gif rolleyes.gif

#5 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(jbt1024 @ Jul 14 2004, 04:00 PM)
I was gonna put it on the other side and I use Auguest1929(Don't know his name) and No. 5 where he used new wood for the damage I guess, I put nails where they where damaged, looked pretty good until I put the Herald on it anyway mad.gif  rolleyes.gif

Go for it! I put the herald on the left to match Andre's picture. No other reason. wink.gif

Can't help you with the herald. Don't have or use PSP. many others do.

#6 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:17 PM

I got a idea, I will wait till tomorrow and use the one you did with the Herald all ready on it, then do the damage and other stuff to it, if it is ok with you wink.gif

P.S What paint program do you use anyway???

#7 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:26 PM

I use
QUOTE(jbt1024 @ Jul 14 2004, 04:17 PM)
P.S What paint program do you use anyway???

Photoshop® CS (Creative Suite).

#8 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:47 PM

Cough, cough.................... you paid $700 dollars for it, or did I read it wrong blink.gif

#9 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(jbt1024 @ Jul 14 2004, 04:47 PM)
Cough, cough.................... you paid $700 dollars for it, or did I read it wrong blink.gif

Sorry Jonathan, yes. It's a professional tool. PSP is a worthy substitute for hobbyists but it lacks a plethora of options and 3rd party plug-ins desirable and required when the going gets tough and time is money.

I use it for much more than repainting trains and planes and if digital graphics has caught your fancy at your wonderfully young age, I'd encourage you to take a course at school which gives you access to Photoshop. From what I've seen, you'd take to it like a duck to water. wink.gif

THIS is Photoshop in a master's hands . . . (not mine!) cool.gif

#10 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 03:04 PM

Cool you paint Planes to, for what. I got FS2004 but I don't run it much Since MSTS takes up all my space. Post a few pics of some planes you have painted.

P.S Again, $700 dollars for me can go a looooooong way tongue.gif