Photo

Uploading to T-S

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:50 PM

I uploaded the 2-8-0 blush.gif rolleyes.gif cool.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif Thanks Andre, but My question is I seen at the upload site that people uploaded .txt files as well, what is that, is it the file_id or is it something else. Thanks alot and hope yall enjoy it smile.gif

#2 ChiliLine

ChiliLine

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:25 AM

The site uses File_ID.diz (a text file that's separate from the Upload.zip) to create the little description in the T-S file library. The other .txt file that is usually included is the readme.txt, but that's usually in the .zip file.

If more info on the upload is needed, Nels will usually send an email.

Andy

#3 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:58 AM

Sorry Andy, but the FILE_ID.DIZ goes INSIDE the zip, not outside it.

To wit:
CODE
When you include a file named FILE_ID.DIZ inside the .zip file containing the rest of your files it can be automatically extracted and used as the description of your file in file library databases like the one on FlightSim.Com. The format of the FILE_ID.DIZ is very simple and with a little effort on your part we can help people know exactly what it is you've created.

Lots and lots of help in the upload section. I recommend anyone uploading for the first time read and understand it.

#4 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:08 AM

Well Its is avaiable at T-S now thanks alot for the help and thanks for Andre for helping doing the physics laugh.gif

#5 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:15 AM

Congratulations Jonathan!

#6 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:26 AM

Thanks, I also seen august1929 had the ESR boxcars in the library. We got stuff popping for this route, what next rolleyes.gif