Photo

Eureka Springs Railway

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:15 PM

Inspired by Mike's reskin of Wayne Campbell's excellent boxcar I have increased my roster for the North Arkansas by 6 - ex Eureka Springs Railway.

Textures are all Mike's - I have just re-lettered and added the odd waymark or bit of graffiti (plus new planking to No.5).

Larger screenshots below

Rod

Attached Files

#2 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:17 PM

No.1

Attached Files

#3 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:18 PM

No.3

Attached Files

#4 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:20 PM

And poor old No.5. Still not been back into the paintshop.

Attached Files

#5 Shaa

Shaa

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 04:18 AM

Looking good. Love that No. 5

Jim

#6 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 04:34 AM

I'm happy to have inspired that good work, Rod. You've a good creative mind. Be sure when working with that boxcar to tell MakeAce it's a one-bit alpha. If you do you may get more pleasing results in blended areas. Remember, full 8-bit alpha channels are only needed where partial transparency is called for as with windows containing tints of color; not the case with this boxcar.

Love the chalk additions and how you put an ID on that #5. Also very nice how you used some transparency with the largest ESR letters to allow the wood grain to poke through.

#7 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 09:31 AM

Thank you both - I have to say that I am only following where others have led, and I have the luxury of just adding to someone else's hard work.

Andre's route, Wayne's boxcar, Mike's textures (and having the thought to retexture the boxcar in the first place).

Overall there is something about this route that has struck a chord, and I don't think it is just the period. Whatever it is, working on the boxcars (or the trees on the route) feels a whole lot more like railway modelling than any other MSTS experience (ceptin Canton, and I haven't really delved into that route in the same way). This, with all the added bonus of being able to work a whole line when you want a rest from modelling.

Wow!

#8 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:55 PM

Couldn't agree with you more. When Andre first told me about it I knew it would hit a lot of people that way. He was a little worried about doing a time period thing like this but I just had the feeling that it would draw a crowd . It's just a great little route that takes you back and makes you comfortable again. Laid back, slow paced, yet real railroading at it's best. And his activities make it that much nicer as well. There are not enough superlatives to give the man for his work with this route. He created a route that will put it up there with the very best, like the Ohio Route and Canton, and the PO&N, etc. It's one of the best routes I have run in a long time. I will never get tired of it either with people like Mike and Rod and others creating new stuff for it all the time. You guys are doing a great job and it is appreciated! wink.gif