Photo

Exciting News!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:34 PM

Click the link and read the "News" as well as the "Rumors, Gossip and Other Juicey Tid Bits" sections!

http://www.vscalecre...ns.com/news.htm

laugh.gif

#2 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:45 PM

Andre are you telling me that you are gonna do Frisco F-Unit on the STL&NA, YES. I can't wait for that, I love the Frisco during the older days, steam engies and diesel engines, Hopefully, I will love that for sure. I see Gatean Bellanger is doing the engines the LNE you are doing, he does excellent work on sound and on detail, can't wait for that andre smile.gif

#3 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:53 PM

OOPS!

Nope... the Frisco blurb was just a spoof! Just having some fun. Sorry for the cornfusion!

Andre

#4 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:01 PM

sad.gif unsure.gif huh.gif rolleyes.gif

I thought I seen something was up when I seen BNSF in there somewhere

#5 Kip

Kip

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:46 PM

Getting Gaetan on your team is a keeper. Good match up. Love his Alco's. biggrin.gif

#6 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(Kip @ Jul 7 2004, 12:46 PM)
Getting Gaetan on your team is a keeper. Good match up. Love his Alco's. biggrin.gif

Andre:

My thoughts too! A most superior collaboration of efforts.

So, when is to be finished? (Just kidding wink.gif )

Craig

#7 ChiliLine

ChiliLine

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(laming @ Jul 7 2004, 03:53 PM)
Nope... the Frisco blurb was just a spoof!

ohmy.gif

Ah, rats! As a relatively early investor in the StLNA, I was really looking forward to my cab ride! laugh.gif

Andy

#8 southern455

southern455

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:51 PM

Andre:

Love your St. Louis & North Arkansas, and will no doubt love your upcomming Lehigh & New England as well. Also kudos for getting Gaetan on your team, he produces some of the finest locomotives and rollingstock available.

You are correct that a new route like this sparks interest to find out more about the prototype. Creators like you broaden my perspective (formerly limited to Western Roads). I've purchased used books on the Delaware & Hudson, Lehigh Valley, B&O, and I guess now the Lehigh & New England as well. Even before I received my St. L & NA CD in the mail I had to map out the route on Topo Maps just to get a feel for it.

Anyway, I'm very excited about your upcoming work and wish you all the best.

Bob Groh

#9 zhilton

zhilton

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 05:07 PM

And here I thought it was the first part of July.... not April 1st. Rats sad.gif, I was starting to get excited about the idea of Frisco powered trains in my neck of the worlds. I remember somebody's HO scale layout of the Central Division from Ft. Smith, Ark to Springdale, Ark set in 1969...that was a neat railroad. The railroad is still neat, the ALCO's have returned to rule it...and have been for almost 17 years now!

#10 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:47 PM

> "Ah, rats! As a relatively early investor in the StLNA, I was really looking forward
> to my cab ride!"

LOL! Tell you what, if I can swing the deal, I'll let you have a cab ride anyway. biggrin.gif

> "You are correct that a new route like this sparks interest to find out more
> about the prototype."

Isn't that the neatest thing about this sim stuff? It's that way for me too. For example, prior to MSTS I wasn't all that interested in the Great Northern... but now I like it and know a bunch more about it than I used to. Why? Marias Pass! Through Marias Pass (I like the MP3 version) I learned to appreciate it more!

> "I remember somebody's HO scale layout of the Central Division from Ft. Smith, Ark to
> Springdale, Ark set in 1969...that was a neat railroad."

We had a lot of fun on that model railroad, didn't we? (Note to others: Zach used to come down to the house and help me operate my HO scale version of the Frisco's Ft. Smith Subdivision: Tri-level layout. 190' of mainline, yards, towns, etc, etc.)

What's really neat about this medium Zach, is that now I can build something akin that Frisco model railroad... and OTHERS can have their own copy! Amazing. I love that part of it.

All: I'm excited about Gaetan's help on this effort. Looking forward to seeing the first test shots of his FA's.

Ooo! Oooo! Just happen to think of something I can gloat about...

Nanny, nanny, ha ha: I'LL get to play with the FA's before YOU can!! biggrin.gif

Andre "Going To Go Lay Track Toward Stillwater NJ Now" Ming

#11 tractionjackson

tractionjackson

Carbarn Crew

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:23 PM

Hi Andre,

I find it interesting that you are going to do the L&NE. I wonder what made you pick this RR? It's a good choice for an MSTS route. And being that it was a bastion of ALCO power, that just makes it all the better! Good luck in this endeavor.

I have been taking a break from MSTS lately. You asked about this over at TS screnshot forum. The last piece of work I did for Neville Brook kind of took alot out of me. Mind you, I didn't mind helping Neville with his tramcar, but I poured so much energy into the project, that after I sent him the finished product, I felt like I needed a "vacation" from the sim.....then the plumbing decided to take a vacation too....then my PC had a wee bit of a crash..... wacko.gif Anyway, things are just now starting to get back to normal around here ( such as it is).

Take care!
Tim

#12 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:06 PM

Hey Tim, I hope that you have all that out of your system now. I miss you around my friend, and all of your great work. Hope to see much more of you in the future. By the way, you guys did a great job with that tramcar project. I'm sure it took a lot out of you, but come back, start small and work yourself back into the groove. Love to see some new works by you.

Andre, I can't think of too many people I would rather you have working with you than Gaetan. That guy does incredible work. I have a lot of his Canadian stuff. Really great work. Boy, this route is sounding better by the minute. Going to be a winner for sure.

#13 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:40 PM

Tim "tractionjackson":

Boy, do I ever understand about an MSTS project taking the energy out of you. Take a break. Run other people's stuff: Have fun. When/if the urge returns to create: Indulge! Bottom line: Enjoy yourself, it's only a hobby.

As for why did I chose the LNE? Long story... can be pieced together at length here and at my website. To shorten it tremendously:

* Long time interest in it. (Dating to the early 80's.)

* Has many interesting visual and/or operational focal points: Pen Argyl; Delaware River crossing; Hainesburg Jct with it's New York Susquehanna & Western (NYSW) jct/interchange and Paulins Kill Viaduct scene; Blairstown, etc, etc.

* Utilizes trackage rights on 3 different railroads (variety in AI traffic): NYSW; Erie; New York New Haven & Hartford (New Haven).

* Several interchanges to switch along the way: DL&W (Lackawanna) at Portland, NYSW at Hainesburg Jct, Lackawanna at Augusta, NYSW at Sussex Jct, Erie at Goshen, NYC at Campbell Hall, NYO&W at Campbell Hall, and the New Haven at Campbell Hall!

* Alco's, Alco's, and more Alco's! Throw in some EMD 1st generation on the shared trackage/connection lines and we're talkin' a motive power par-TAY!

I had held off seriously considering something other than a regional because of concerns about lack of information. Fortunately, the LNE was quite well documented and has a fantastic historical rail enthusiast base. Thus, I either have enough resources on hand, purchased and enroute, or access to, that I think I can do the line justice.

Tim "Zhivago47":

I'm very much looking forward to what Gaetan will create for the LNE! I'm super excited about some new FA's to play with!! (Plus some other "surprises" too. wink.gif )

Andre

#14 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:12 PM

Plus some other "surprises" too.

Oh, you just had to add that, didn't you? Geez, now I am going to be wondering what these surprises are and going nuts in the process. I know they will be great, but how about just a smidgen of a hint? A smidgen smidgen? Ok, I'll wait. I hate surprises!

#15 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 01:06 PM

In regards to surprises, Tim pleaded:

"I know they will be great, but how about just a smidgen of a hint?"

Okay... one of the surprises: A new prototypically accurate caboose. Already built, fine detailing commenced, texturing forthcoming.

biggrin.gif

Andre

#16 moose49

moose49

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:22 PM

unsure.gif unsure.gif

Andre,

heard a rumour bout some of them new fangeled disal locomtaves. Are there any truth toert.

#17 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:44 PM

Yes Jeff, 'tis no rumor.

(Cloak ON. ph34r.gif "Insider" info follows)

Known at this early stage: Alco FA1 and FB1.

Not a repaint/remake of an existing model. All new model.

(Cloak OFF. biggrin.gif )

Andre

#18 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(laming @ Jul 9 2004, 01:06 PM)
In regards to surprises, Tim pleaded:

"I know they will be great, but how about just a smidgen of a hint?"

Okay... one of the surprises: A new prototypically accurate caboose. Already built, fine detailing commenced, texturing forthcoming.

biggrin.gif

Andre

Finally some one who understands that some people would like a caboose. It seems that everybody who creates these awesome trains that we play with very rarely make a caboose or atleast one worth using.

Its always hard to run a good geep or F unit consist with that ugly "FRED" on the back. I want a caboose with my trains, making them more prototype.

Go for it Andre smile.gif

#19 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:02 PM

Yup. The route era will be the early 50's... you had'ta run cabeeses then. smile.gif

Andre

#20 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:18 PM

Thanks for replying to my plea and I too am a big fan of cabeeses. And those new models sounds ever so good. Loving it! wink.gif