Photo

NORTH ARKANSAS RELEASED!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:39 AM

Hit the website link below and check it out!

YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Andre "Hooray For Me" Ming

#2 Joe Morris

Joe Morris

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:57 AM

Congratulations Andre!!!

#3 Guest_cyberjim_*

Guest_cyberjim_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:00 AM

I just placed my order via Paypal at 10:00am CST--hope to be gettin it in the mail by Saturday!!
Thanks Andre!! Let the fun begin!! Jim

#4 jgotthardt

jgotthardt

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:30 AM

Congratulations Andre!

Just finished placing my order via paypal and downloading the equipment packages from train-sim. Can't wait to start running on the North Arkansas! Thanks for all the work you put in to this route, and especially for keeping us all informed during construction.

Regards,

John

#5 uli

uli

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:17 AM

Andre,

just to be sure: Does the price of $ 18.95 include shipping to Europe?

If not, what would be the price to have the CD delivered to this side of the ocean? smile.gif

Cheers,
uli

#6 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:25 AM

Thanks all! Keep those cards and letters comin' in. smile.gif

I have the first small batch ready to mail today. (Yours included CyberJim!) Bear in mind that tomorrow the USPS will be closed in reverence to the death of former President Ronald Reagan.

uli:

Let's give it a try at the posted price of $18.95. If I get quite a few overseas sales and the shipping is far more than expected, I'll need to make adjustments for future overseas purchases.

Thanks uli!

Andre Ming

#7 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:26 AM

Congratulations! Way to go, Andre! smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#8 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:32 AM

NOTE TO ALL PURCHASERS:

The engines, rolling stock, and sound pack are INCLUDED on the CD! (Mentioned at the website.)

No need for purchasers to download the freeware option at Train-sim.com!

The upload to Train-sim.com was simply a gift to the V scale/sim community.

You'll get your equipment via the CD... so don't sweat the download part!

Andre Ming

#9 mquist

mquist

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:40 AM

So how come I dont see any info on ordering on your web site????? Web site indicates 5/15/04 as the last update????

#10 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:43 AM

It's a secret: You're not allowed to see the information. biggrin.gif

Nah...

Try refreshing your browser. blush.gif

Andre Ming

#11 mquist

mquist

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:50 AM

It finally came up - not sure why refesh dident work the fisr couple of times. Order is placed. By the way don't get freaked by the "unverified address" from PayPal they consider anything other than the billing address on the credit card as unverified and I have no secure way to take the delivery at my apartment. dry.gif

#12 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:22 AM

Mike:

No problems on the order! It's ready to go out today!

Andre

#13 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 04:34 PM

I placed my order...the mail man just left... He didn't have my cd.

laugh.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

#14 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:03 PM

Got my order in, have 55 cents left blush.gif How long will it take you to put them in the mail, I live in northeastern arkansas, how long will it take.

#15 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:57 PM

Hey, relax jbt1024, I bet you'll have it by Saturday. No mail tomorrow, of course, because of the observing of Ronald Reagan's passing.

Andre, I feel as excited about this as you do, believe me. I know you have been waiting for this moment for some time, as I am sure everyone else, including myself has. We have all been beside you as you posted your first pictures all the way to the last. So, we are excited too. And no one could be happier for you than I am. Your a great guy my friend and I wish you the greatest success with it. I know it will do well, because of your being its author and because of its uniqueness, the steam, the era, the place, the activities. This all adds up to lots of fun and enjoyment, as well as a learning experience to boot. Now, you just can't beat that combination. And isn't that why we are all here anyway. I hope your route spawns more like it. Steam, the turn of the century of maybe even the roaring twenties with the cars, the night spots, (hmmm, that sounds better the more I talk about it. Hey, anyone out there want to do a roaring twenties route? I would love that), anyway, as I was saying. I bet it spawns a lot of similar type routes. I hope that is one of the results of this endeavor. But the best result would be for you to be successful with this and have it encourage you to do another, and another, because I think you have a flair for it, much in the same vein as Rich G. does. And that ain't a bad thing.

Anyway, congrats again Andre, and thank you for everything. You are a good man with a good heart and soul. I wish you all the success in the world.

Tim

#16 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:09 PM

Thanks again to all of you for all the words of encouragement and purchases.

I received a personal email thanking me for producing the route, and the person very insightfully indicated that likely the total sales won't really be adequate compensation for the effort. I've long ago accepted that possibility.

However overall (frustration times notwithstanding!), I did enjoy bringing this to you, and hope that it will be a lot of fun for all that have purchased it. The gist of the way this emailer expressed it was: "My $18.95 isn't enough to adequately pay for your time, but it's a way I can say thank you and give you an atta boy at the same time."

jbt1024:

It's 11:10 our time. Just got home from some obligations. I will be burning CD's and packaging tonight until I'm finished. However, the mail will not go out until Saturday. I hope to have all orders up to the last minute on their way before the USPS closes on Saturday.

Very doubtful you'll receive your CD until sometime mid next week.

Andre Ming

#17 habo

habo

Track Layer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 08:03 AM

laugh.gif Yeah for Andre!!! Hip, hip Horrahhhhhhh! Put my Palpal in yesterday. Hope you got it. Like many that have spoken before me, Thank you, thank you for putting out a Product that will be totally unique, and totally different than anything else out there. It is also true that you will never get rich doing a project like this, but I can tell that this isn't why you did it in the first place. I used to Paint Model Railroad rolling stock, Engines, etc. I know I never charged enough for my work (time, supplies, etc), but I did it because I enjoyed doing it, and the looks on their faces when I was done was well worth it. I hope you feel the same way with all the positive feedback you are getting. Like I have said before, one of the biggest "Pluses" you did was to keep us INFORMED!! Nobody likes to kept in the dark ph34r.gif. All we want is a short "hows it coming" now and then. Sure too bad some other Developers can't follow your lead. Anyway, thanks again, and I am looking forward to recieving it. I'm not at work today (I work for the Post Office) so NO Mail today. Yep, I have that much clout!! biggrin.gif Take care,
Dave cool.gif

#18 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 09:34 AM

Ok, well I downloaded the North Arkansas engines and Rolling stock, I know it comes in the CD wink.gif And I like it, If I get some time I'll post unless the Great Poobah wants to keep it a serect ph34r.gif

#19 mquist

mquist

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 09:55 AM

Yet another route beats Surfliner to market. Congrats guy and next week you can go out and but that BMW you've always wanted biggrin.gif

#20 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 01:02 PM

Esclade
blush.gif