Photo

A Caveat: Input Desired

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#21 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:57 AM

Hi Tim!

Trying my best to wrap up the testing/final tweaking. Received my box of supplies yesterday that I'll need for packaging/shipping the CD's. Things are inching forward. It's just unbelieable how much small-piddly there is to getting a route out the door. More so when you're a one man show.

Arkansas Midland:

The road that is currently running the remnant of the former Missouri Pacific's (UP) line to Hot Springs and Mountain Pine, Arkansas. Go back a trio of decades, and that was one neat line as operated by the Missouri Pacific. They interchanged with the Rock Island (which also served Hot Springs). Beautiful setting, interesting switching opportunities, et al. Believe it or not, that area was also looked at by me for possible future construction!! (What a surprise! laugh.gif )

It was my treat to get an unexpected cab ride with the AM while over in that area a few years back. At that time they were using chop-nosed GP7/9's. I sure do like the sound of a non-turbo 567B/C prime mover.

Andre Ming

#22 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:15 PM

Well first, I can imagine the task of getting the CD's ready and out the door appears daunting but I am sure you will handle it with your usual efficiency. Just take your time and get it right, that is more important than having to go back and explain to someone why they didn't get their order. I am sure you will do well.

And thanks for the info about the AM. I had not heard of it before and this was the first boxcar I had seen with its letters on it. Of course there have been others that I have been seeing of late that I hadn't seen before but I knew you would know the answer to that one.

By the way, I hope you do well with the Northern Arkansas route my friend. If you want, I will hit every MSTS forum and site that I have on this computer (and there are many) and put in plugs for you. I would do that for you. Just ask and it shall be done. By the way, if I am not one of the first few who purchase your route, please forgive me. I had an unexpected expense come up yesterday which may preclude me from the purchase until my next check, June first. I am very disappointed as I was counting on getting the route just as soon as it was ready, but this thing came up. Something I forgot about and now have to use that money for something else. Actually, it is a grandson's birthday that I completely forgot about, and thank goodness his mother, my daughter, emailed me and said what he wanted for his birthday, to which I replied, oh, ok, I will see what I can do. I had forgotten all about it and feel bad about that as well. Most all of my six grandkids birthdays are in Sept, Oct and Nov, except his and I continually forget it. Poor kid. He will be four and talked to me on the phone the other day just like he remembered me (haven't seen him since he was a baby) and sounded more like 6 or 7 than four. One smart little boy there. Takes after his granddad!! wink.gif

Anyway, I will be getting it but will just have to wait until June first now! sad.gif Oh well. Just didn't want you to think I wasn't planning on getting it because I am and have to. I mean where else am I going to run these old steam engines?

Let me know if you want me to start plugging the route. I was serious you know!!! cool.gif

Good luck with it Andre. You deserve it!

Tim