Photo

CEFX #116

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:04 AM

CEFX #116
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 04:46 PM

In my best Italian accent:

Mamma mia! That's a nice-a looking locamotive!

Cheers!
Marc

#3 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ May 4 2004, 06:46 PM)

Cheers!
Marc

Marc,
It is pronounced Low-Ka-MO-tev
biggrin.gif

#4 SSW

SSW

Milwaukee-Southwestern Railroad

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 06:36 PM

When did CEFX SD90MAC's loose their porch top mounted ditch lights?

All photo's I've seen have porch top mounted lights. and the fire extinguisher logo should be red, not yellow, also.

#5 cdebnam

cdebnam

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 07:50 PM

It's only a game guys biggrin.gif .Now I'm sure we'll all get this unit just as soon as it becomes available.I can honestly tell you that after working for the railroad I could care less about where this or that was located.As long as the loco would make the trip I was satisfied.One of these days when some of you work the railroad for a living you won't care about alot of the small stuff.

#6 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(SSW @ May 4 2004, 05:36 PM)
When did CEFX SD90MAC's loose their porch top mounted ditch lights?

All photo's I've seen have porch top mounted lights. and the fire extinguisher logo should be red, not yellow, also.

As I stated in the other forum when this was brought up, there are a few things that need to be fixed including your other complaint.

#7 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(cdebnam @ May 4 2004, 06:50 PM)
It's only a game guys biggrin.gif .Now I'm sure we'll all get this unit just as soon as it becomes available.I can honestly tell you that after working for the railroad I could care less about where this or that was located.As long as the loco would make the trip I was satisfied.One of these days when some of you work the railroad for a living you won't care about alot of the small stuff.

Claude
This unit is available as part of the UP Sd-90 pack forsale on the SLW products page.

UP SD-90

There are some issues that are being fixed and a patch will be issued when they are fixed.

In my short RR work experience, I can tell you I am satisfied when the units get you from point A to point B and the intermediate switching is done. biggrin.gif

#8 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:22 PM

Erik, I think Claude knows that. I think that what he is trying to say is that some of us seem to be a little extra picky when it comes to some things, especially when it is from a payware outfit. No one is perfect, not even if you are creating payware. A simple email to SLW, pointing out these minor errors would serve us all better and I am sure that you guys would correct anything that you feel necessary to change.
Yeah, Claude, I am not a railroad worker, but I would certainly have to agree with your overall assessment of the statement. I wouldn't care if an extinguisher were chartreuse as long as it worked when I needed it. While I am sure we are all striving for perfection, such a state does not exist, that I know of. If it does, let me know so I can move there! wink.gif

Tim

#9 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:26 PM

Tim,
Thanks for your input and I realize that my reply to Claude did not come out quite as well as I wanted.
I was trying to agree with him on the fact that just as long as the engine runs, and gets me to the end I am just as happy. I would love to have an engine with A/C and a comfort cab, but as long as I dont have to walk that is fine.

#10 cdebnam

cdebnam

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:53 PM

Thanks Tim.Erik I understand where you're coming from.I'm all good to go here on my end.You know even on the real locos nothing is perfect.As long as we're human we will make things that have flaws.I like your models and have placed my order.If there are imperfections I'm sure they'll be noted and a patch created to fix it.drive on and keep up the good work.now let's keep on railroading.Don't have time to sweat the small stuff.Erik which road do you work for? Didn't know you were a railroader. tongue.gif

#11 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:01 PM

Well I work for UP and I am a certified remote control operator..whoohoo... biggrin.gif, but this week and the next four I am in conductor training. Currently I am 5 times out waiting for the old phone to ring sometime around midnight or so.
I have had three units die on me so far and I have only been working for them since Febuary. Two of them were for water and the other, who knows but it was fixed the next day....

So far I really enjoy this job, it is a whole lot better than driving a tow truck like I have for the last ten years.

#12 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(century242 @ May 4 2004, 08:01 PM)
Well I work for UP and I am a certified remote control operator..whoohoo... biggrin.gif

Someday, I'm gonna' tell my grandkids that "I knew Erik when he was just a foamer." biggrin.gif

j/k smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#13 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:13 PM

Thanks Marc

#14 forum1

forum1

UP's slave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:24 PM

Gald you like the job. Join the club of train service foamers.

#15 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:41 PM

Thanks Don

Hey I have the slogan "Think Outside The Boxcar as a Screensaver"..........of course I am sure you have seen that one on the UP site somewhere.

#16 cell0518

cell0518

*Canon 300D Owner*

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(cr-stagg @ May 4 2004, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE(Hack @ May 4 2004, 06:46 PM)

Cheers!
Marc

Marc,
It is pronounced Low-Ka-MO-tev
biggrin.gif

LMAO I'd have figured Low-Ka-Mow-TIV. tongue.gif

#17 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:39 PM

Erik, I think you misinterpreted my reply to you with regards to Claude's post. I thought what you were saying is that you thought that Claude didn't understand that this unit was payware and therefore he didn't realize that it was necessary to get things right because of it being so. And what I was saying was, was that didn't matter to me and that I know you guys would correct any errors found. And I didn't think someone had to jump in to tell you what you probably already knew. I just think that sometimes people feel that payware people should have things perfect on a release every time out. And I was saying, along with Claude, and what you said later in that same post, that sometimes it doesn't really matter that much, that these things happen to all of us and they would be fixed in due time.
If I like a unit when I see it, I will purchase it whether a light is in the wrong place or a certain items color is wrong.
By the way all of you railroaders, my hats off to you for the fine work that you do, and I am envious of even the lowest of paying jobs that you have on a railroad. My friend Claude, I know, has worked a couple of railroads for some time now and I respect everything he has to say with regards to this game and how it relates to the realities of railroading, so I guess I was just agreeing with his statement that these small errors aren't that important. If it isn't that important in real life (the colors or a missing light or location of a light) then it damn sure shouldn't make a difference in a game!

But, I know you will make the corrections. I respect SLW and all it has done for MSTS and I know these small things will be taken care of, so I don't have to jump in and say, hey, SLW, this or this is the wrong color. Personally, I could care less. I am looking into getting at least one of the new units.

By the way, that is one awesome looking CEFX. I just love the color scheme of that unit. I know I have to have it!

Claude, roll on my friend, roll on! wink.gif

Tim

#18 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 09:21 AM

OK I understand, I was just in a bit of confusion at the time........sorry about the long delay, just had a round trip for my conductor training......just about anything that could go wrond did, but we made it back so that is all that counts.

#19 LPerkins

LPerkins

Mechanic

• 3DTrains Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 10:04 AM

Just think,

The more that goes wrong while you're training, the more you'll learn, and the better prepared you'll be...

Lonnie

#20 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 12:15 AM

Absolutely Lonnie, you are absolutely correct on that one, and I bet Claude will vouch for that too. We, of course, are all glad you made it back ok, Erik. I'm sure you will have more days like this in the future. Every job has its days. But I think you will do just fine and learn a lot in the process.

You take care of yourself out there, you hear! wink.gif

Tim