Photo

Steam Progress Update Pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 05:11 PM

Here are a few current pics
4-8-2 Mt class

Attached Files

#2 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 05:13 PM

and another one. This is of the revamped S-12, 0-6-0 which is still under going upgrades.

Attached Files

#3 SeanK97

SeanK97

Operations Manager

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 09:05 PM

Dang those are sweet!! And I just replaced my keyboard too (dripping goes here)

SeanK97

#4 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 09:09 PM

Wow, that 4-8-2 mountain is sweet. Really looks great Erik. As a big steam fan I like what I am seeing thus far. Thanks for showing the pics. Looking very good.

Tim

#5 #1_loconut

#1_loconut

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 09:26 PM

*drooling* over the Mountain--
Looks really cool.gif cool!

#6 cell0518

cell0518

*Canon 300D Owner*

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:14 PM

Mountain looks great. S-12 isn't bad either. biggrin.gif

#7 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:43 AM

Tender trucks?

Attached Files

#8 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:56 PM

Any status update on these Erik? Just curious.

Tim

#9 sstyrnol

sstyrnol

Santa Fe Nut

• Beta Tester
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(century242 @ Jun 7 2004, 07:43 PM)
Tender trucks?

There goes my self-contenance.... Incredible!

#10 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:59 PM

Tim they are still coming along

#11 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 07:06 PM

Thanks Erik for the comeback. As far as tender trucks, that is a new one on me but they look very nice. What tender is that? Is it for one of the engines in the pictures above? The really look sweet. Will be glad to see these come out. I am a very big steam engine fan.

Again thanks buddy. I appreciate the comeback. By the way, hope all is going well with you.

#12 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:20 PM

That is very sweet, Erik you are good at steam engines rolleyes.gif

#13 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(zhivago47 @ Jun 9 2004, 06:06 PM)
What tender is that? Is it for one of the engines in the pictures above? The really look sweet. Will be glad to see these come out. I am a very big steam engine fan.

Again thanks buddy. I appreciate the comeback. By the way, hope all is going well with you.

The trucks are from the tender that goes with the Mountain pictured at the top.

Things are going quite well, thanks for asking. My time has become a real precious commodity though, Uncle Pete has taken alot of my free time........soon I will be getting a Laptop for those 24 and 36 hours at my "Away From Home Terminal"

#14 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 10:47 PM

That's good to hear Erik. I know that will make the time away a little better for you. And who knows, you may get more done that way than in the past, since there won't be much else to do with your free time. wink.gif

You take care and looking forward to those steam engines. I love the steam era......

Tim

#15 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(jbt1024 @ Jun 9 2004, 09:20 PM)
Erik you are good at steam engines

Well the syeam engines we are working on are group projects.....there are various pieces done by different members. So that being said, thanks for the compliments and we thankyou.

#16 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 05:35 PM

Erik, I have kind of lost track of who is where anymore. I wonder if you wouldn't mind reminding us who is a part of your team now and responsible for some of the great stuff coming out of your workshop! Well, ok, I do know most of the names but I think it would be nice if you would post them here for everyone to see. Not everyone that drops by knows who these very talented people are and I think it would be nice to have there names out front here in the forum area (I know they are on your website, but not everyone here goes there and see them) every once in a while. I know you are and should be proud of the work they do so how about it? Let's give everyone a chance to see who are the people behind your very fine SLW! What do you think? wink.gif

Tim

#17 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:20 PM

OK here goes,

Chris Bonelli (wpfan) - steam and rolling stock
George Mathews the 2nd and the 3rd (wctrr) - Diesel, steam, rolling stock and buildings
Larry Goss (mainlines) - Steam
Kyle Fawson (engineer kyle) modern diesel and website maintenance
Mykel Stovall (msj......) - rolling stock and steam
Daivd Rowe (rowie) - diesels, buildings and structures
Dave Nelson - route development
Rory Calhoun - repaints and route development
Various others that take the time to give us a hand
Erik Pierson - A little bit of everything and the voice of SLW

#18 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:51 PM

Thank you for that Erik. I think it is nice for people to know who is behind each team we have here on this forum site and to see their names as you have them written above. These people sometimes don't get the credit they deserve, and not intentionally, but because most people see your name out in front of SLW and Chip's out in front of Dekosoft, and Marc's out in front of 3dtrains. Some people don't realize that it really takes a team effort to put out really good work like you all do.

Anyway, thanks. It is nice to see their names and what they do. And my hats off to all of them for what they contribute to the game. Heck, who doesn't like to see their name out here once in a while. I think it is good for morale (not that it is needed) and it is good for business when people see those that are working behind the scenes. These are some names that people have heard of but didn't quite know where they worked, if you know what I mean.

So, thanks for that Erik. You are a good voice for SLW and I know you do a lot more than that. You are a very good PR man. And that is very important. Your guys are lucky to have you as well.

Anyway, thank you team SLW for putting out some great products for us all. We appreciate your skills and efforts. wink.gif I just wanted you to know that.

Tim

#19 wpfan

wpfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:24 PM

I just thought of something that should be added to all of this. Often times we think of the talented people as being those who build the route, 3d models, or do the texture work. But sometimes what is often overlooked is the talent to try and hold everything together, navigate through all the bs in getting licences, both railroad and business, settle down little quarrels between various elements (you ever tried working with a group of artists???). In private I kid Erik around about his modelling or paintshop skills, but when it comes to keeping a group of individuals moving along as a slightly well oiled machine, Erik is definately well talented.

#20 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:34 PM

Thanks Guys