Photo

Beta Reports...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 08:58 PM

Thought you might enjoy reading some quotes from the beta team testing the route and in-progress activities...

"... Having traversed it several times now, I have to say that this is just about, no, it is the best bit of
tracklaying I have come across. The gradient transitions are so smooth as to be un-noticeable, until you start to lose or gain speed..." (From a UK beta tester.)

"You've captured the feel of the Ozarks!" (From a US beta tester that lives near the region being modeled.)

"This is a route which will need learning to get the best out of it." (From a UK beta tester.)

"...Now the activity. With this being the first 'solo', new on the payroll and
all that, I was not entirely sure what to expect. However, having read my
T.O.s and sussed where I was supposed to go, it was most enjoyable..." (UK tester)

This will likely be a slow going process, for I think there's already about 30 hours worth of activities to beta test.

However, armed with their feedback, I'm able to go back and smooth up edges the need polishing, both route and activities.

Inch by inch it's a cinch!

Andre

#2 sstyrnol

sstyrnol

Santa Fe Nut

• Beta Tester
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:55 AM

This sounds very promising, mate! I am fighting with myself whether I will get that route when it'll be out or not, since I am more into modern traction, but I'll might get it a shot anyways... blink.gif

#3 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:28 PM

Hmmm, a question, and no reflection on the UK but was wondering why you have so many UK testers and so few US ones, or is that just the sampling that you posted? Just curious. I do know those in the UK seem to like steam better than most here, so perhaps that was the reason. But there are a few of us here in the US who love the steam era.
By the way, how about some more pics just to whet our thirsts. smile.gif

Tim

#4 MFOS

MFOS

+ Mouth Full Of Spiders +

• Beta Tester
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 08:00 PM

If you are looking for volunteers Andre, then may I offer my services.

I love to Beta test, and have some pretty good credentials.

Plus, being rather new to train sim, I can honestly provide the "Noob" point of view in regards to installation, activity running, etc.

You can contact me via email, if you wish to know more about the Beta testing I have done in the past. The lastest game I beta tested for was Digital Hazard, and my first experience goes as far back as Doom.

Then again, if you have all you need, then I will eagerly await more screenies and info as it becomes available.

Sincerely,

MFOS

Ps. Tim I have not forgotten to reply to your last email, I just got sidetracked over some complications with my ankle injury. I WILL be in touch soon.

#5 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:07 PM

Tim:

No intentional bias, simple matter of the two UK fellers were available and willing. They also give me a chance to see how a non-US railroad type interprets my "Ozark" way of doing things! Talk about "culture shock" for them! smile.gif

MFOS:

At this point, I "think" I'm good to go on US testers. However, one never knows? (And I do thank you for your willingness to help out.) Also, this being a beta, it's just that: No installers, etc. There's a bit of putzing with it and equipment to get it up and going.

Andre

#6 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:29 PM

I was just teasing the Brits anyway Andre. I figured that was the reason anyway. Yeah, I am sure they aren't used to seeing that kind of railroad? Must be a heck of a culture shock. wink.gif Well, if it is in beta then that means it is getting ready for download. Cannot wait for the finished product my friend. Am really looking forward to running some steam there in Arkansas!

Tim