Photo

Link to some Pics an' stuff

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 11:21 PM

http://www.train-sim...D15/3032.html#2

#2 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 11:46 PM

Wow! That is one beautiful shot there Andre. Can't imagine how that was taken but sure looks nice. I am so looking forward to its release, may not be able to get it right off but will have it eventually. Not the richest man in town, by any stretch. But as much as I love steam and as much as I do love the Ozarks area, lived there for a year as a kid and we used to take long rides through the area, I know I will love it. Some beautiful scenery there abouts.
And as far as a swelled head, I think it deserves the swelling from what I have seen thus far. It will go down eventually! Enjoy it while you can! wink.gif Again, thank for all of your efforts on this route. I trust your judgement on the areas that you didn't have much information on. Especially when you were there to see it up close and personal. I have no doubt that this will be a very poplular route and will give V-Scale a firm place in the MSTS payware community. Now, after that, my good friend, how about a New England route? I know you are interested. smile.gif We need one, we really do.

Tim

#3 Acela2020

Acela2020

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 09:30 AM

i agree with you zhivago47, a New England route would be great biggrin.gif

laming, i forget which post it was in so i'll ask it here, if there are no signals, can't you the engineer forget to stop and go onto the single track and hit a head on train? How will you have that work?

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:01 AM

> i forget which post it was in so i'll ask it here,

Nor can I recall where I typed my novelette response either, so I'll try to answer it briefly here! biggrin.gif

> if there are no signals, can't you the engineer forget to stop and go onto the
> single track and hit a head on train?

Indeed you can. smile.gif

> How will you have that work?

It will only work if you, as the engineer, will read and obey your "Train Orders" that are in the F11 key, as well as any new Train Orders received along the way.

It's called "Railroading" (with a capital R!), and I think its different, interesting, and a lot of fun.

Andre

#5 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

Registered Ferroequinologist

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(laming @ Feb 21 2004, 12:01 PM)
> i forget which post it was in so i'll ask it here,

Nor can I recall where I typed my novelette response either, so I'll try to answer it briefly here! biggrin.gif

> if there are no signals, can't you the engineer forget to stop and go onto the
> single track and hit a head on train?

Indeed you can. smile.gif

> How will you have that work?

It will only work if you, as the engineer, will read and obey your "Train Orders" that are in the F11 key, as well as any new Train Orders received along the way.

It's called "Railroading" (with a capital R!), and I think its different, interesting, and a lot of fun.

Andre

Andre,
OOOH! This sounds like fun! I wait with 'ba...(No, I ain't goin' there this time! Got enough fish last time laugh.gif )

Tim and Acela 2020,
Why would an old Arkansas Ridge-runner build a New England route? wink.gif Let some damyankee do it! ohmy.gif tongue.gif

#6 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 12:04 AM

Why would an old Arkansas Ridge-runner build a New England route?  Let some damyankee do it! 

Oh now that wasn't nice at all John!!! Besides, Mr. Ming has indicated an interest in creating a route in that area! He knows good country when he sees it!
I may be a damn yankee but I have lived in the south for over fifteen years or more, from Jacksonville, Fla, to Mobile, Ala, to Baton Rouge, LA, to Austin and Ft Worth Texas, and now in Bristol, VA......and I don't call you all names! Be nice. I love the south as much as I love northern New England (notice I said NORTHERN New England)! We actually have a lot in common. It's the areas in between that I am not overly fond of. wink.gif Sorry, hope I didn't offend anyone with that last statement.
No doubt a couple of my ancestors who fought and died at Antietam and during the Wilderness Campaign are probably rolling in their graves about now, but I love the south so why can't Mr. Ming like New England?

Sounds fair to me! wink.gif

Tim

#7 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:01 AM

Ah, love the Arkansas Ozarks as I do, there was only one problem with them insofar as this train lover is concerned: There was never enough trains running through them.

Aside from the north/south Frisco, the defunct NE/SW North Arkansas, and the NE/SW White River line of the former Missouri Pacific... there were no other Class 1's. (Not counting the KCS that angles through a very small portion in NW Ark.) Early on, the few shortlines that tried to carve out a living fell on hard times as soon as the natural resources (mainly timber) were harvested past profitable levels.

Not so New England: Beautiful mountains. Gorgeous archetecture... LOTS of towns resulting in a virtual plethorea of railroads. Having been in New England this past September, both the wife and I loved the locale and archetecture. Plus, I've always thought the New England railroading to be interesting stuff. Oh, and I love New England style clam chowder too. biggrin.gif

Now, having said all that: My "future projects" is more uncertain now than ever!! One week I think I'm all settled on what to do next, then next thing you know: It changes. In fact, it almost changes weekly! (Daily?)

Frankly, as of this moment, I have no idea what I'll do next. One thing's for certain: I can't spend any time exploring my possibilities right now. I need to finish up what's on the table and get it released and be poised to handle the installation/operational questions, etc, that will arise shortly thereafter. Once things have settled-in after release it will then be time to sit down and make a final decision on my "next one".

Andre

#8 Acela2020

Acela2020

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:47 PM

hahaha laming biggrin.gif that was funny smile.gif

Oldrailfan, i guess you are right, a yankee is going to have to do it smile.gif

#9 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

Registered Ferroequinologist

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE(zhivago47 @ Feb 22 2004, 02:04 AM)
[Oh now that wasn't nice at all John!!! Besides, Mr. Ming has indicated an interest in creating a route in that area! He knows good country when he sees it!
I may be a damn yankee...

Tim,
Sorry, didn't mean to tweak your nose, just a lame attempt at humor. I'm a displaced yankee myself. My mom, born and raised in Florida, (now in her late 80's) tells the tale on herself that: "...until I married one, I thought damyankee was one word, from the way my pa said it."

#10 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 09:10 PM

Hey John, I knew you were just kidding around. I was as well, although I do love the south. You would be amazed at how like northern New England is to where I now live. Not so much the scenery, but the people here. They are hard working farmers just like up home. So, I love them both. Your mom is 80, my dad is 82 and still going strong and lives in southern Georgia, not far from Tallahassee. And he was born in Maine as I was. We just got tired of the snow shovel! wink.gif Anyway, I was joking as well, although not about the two who died in 1863 and 1865. But hey, that was then, this is now, and ne'er the twain shall meet.

Andre, now come on, we need a New England route and I know you are the person who can do it well! I have all the faith in the world in you. Even though I would love a Maine route, I could go for one through Vermont and upstate New York, and it sure would be beautiful. We need something to run all those nice trainsets that Dwight is doing in Boston and Maine colors, or the B and A, or any of those trains that have no route to run on at present. Think about it.........please! wink.gif

Tim

#11 shadowr434

shadowr434

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 10:29 PM

Maine hmmm, thats just a wayward part of Canada. Us yankees in the southern New England states think its kinda nice here too. Seriously though Iwouldnt mind seeing the CSX fromAlbany to Boston or the New England Central (old Vermont line ) from New LOndon allthe way up to the Canadian border. By the way still a yankee in Connecticut. LOL

#12 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 10:54 PM

Hey, I spent some time in Connecticut too. About five years to be exact, in Meriden, so I know you are yankees too. Wasn't trying to not include you. I would love to see those routes you mentioned too. Anything in New England.
And no, Maine is not a part of Canada...trust me on this one, but New Brunswick and Nova Scotia should be a part of Maine. Hehehe!! I am from Northern Maine too so I should know, hey!

Take care there in Connecticut. I enjoyed my years there.

Tim