Photo

Cal-P info

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 dcushing

dcushing

Brakeman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 12:11 PM

Could we possibly get an up date as to the status of the Cap-P route. The website still says due for release in Fall 2003, and the last up date is dated Aug 26. I am hope this route hasn't gone the way of the many items promised (but never delivered) by Train Artisan.

#2 kevarc

kevarc

Commissioner

• Lone Wolf Activities
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 12:46 PM

I do know it has been delayed. There were problems that I do not know if they had been resolved. Erik is in trining right now with the UP. So I do not know what his future plans are for it.

#3 wpfan

wpfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 08:56 PM

Both Erik and myself have recently gotten new jobs that have left absoloutly zero time for train-sim. In addition to work I also have a new relationship going and would like to spend some time on that. Train-sim for the time being has to take a back seat to real life activities, I don't wish to just live in front of my computer.

#4 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for reminding me what a boring life I have! sad.gif That's all I do all day is sit in front of mine. Ah, to be young again and have that chance! Oh well, I have had my time, guess it is you guys' turn. I do hope that we will see something from you all at some not too distant point. Heck, you can't do that everynight can you? Hmmm! Now that I think on it, I guess you could. Or I would if given the chance! wink.gif

Oh, how I miss those days!

Tim

#5 dcushing

dcushing

Brakeman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 07:50 PM

Ok, these are all very good answers, but they don't answer the basic question: do you guys still plan on completing the route, even at a later date, or can I delete it from the "must buy" list.

Duncan

#6 wpfan

wpfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:07 PM

I can kind of see your point where we didn't really answer your question. The route itself is still in progress as our route builder still has plenty of time. The route will still be completed albeit it will take a wee bit longer. Once Erik's training is completed he will have some time to work on things, and once I get used to my job and get a little closer to it I'll have more time as well. I hadn't worked on a regular basis for a little while so now all of a sudden it's kicking my a$$ plus I have to get up an extra hour earlier just to allow time for heavy traffic due to my commute length. Erik's training will be complete in another 9 weeks, which will free him up some more. Presently he is in basic training on rules etc, then he will be home for a week for RCL training in Roseville after that it's off for a 6 week tour of all of the terminals in the Roseville Division. I will try and see about posting some updates either here or at the Elvas Tower forums, the SLW site is Erik's domain (no pun intended) and will see no updates until his return. As for myself the fact that I have to live at Erik's place every other week when I'm on call will throw a slight kink in my modeling, although I know he has 3dc and Paintshop so maybe I'll be able to get some work done after all. This wouldn't have been so bad if both of us hadn't had such dramatic lifestyle changes at the same time but such is the case. Anyways though, we still have people working on the project.

#7 petersde

petersde

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 05:15 PM

To the entire SLW Team:

As I look back across about 2 years, there was a time when I had to make do with Marias Pass and the Northeast Corridor. Since then, a plethora of routes have hit the "market" and a number are in some phase of development. With this in mind, and the screen shots that have perked my appetite, my patience is limitless for this particular route--owing to the fact that I live within sight of it. wink.gif

Keep plugging away at it. As a database administrator and programmer, I know full well your dilemma, as well as the incredible amount of testing and modification an application can take. This is truly a labor of love and commitment. When it is done, it will be done, and we will all be richer because of it. biggrin.gif

Between the proposed Cal-P route and the numerous other Train-Sim-related products, SLW is a priceless resource. Whenever and whatever, my checkbook is poised and ready!

Dave

#8 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 02:35 PM

Dave and all thanks for the support. biggrin.gif It is greatly appreciated.

I just got in an hour ago and finished reading through a slew of 700 some odd emails, 3/4 of them junk (even with the spam filters).

This is what I can tell you at this moment:
1) The route is still coming out
2) I appologize for not getting the website updated as much as you (or I) would like.
3) We are not going any where, just slowly getting to the finish line.

OK, now for a little personal update.

Monday I start RCL training for a week.
Next week I will spend 6 days at the hump.
The following week I will be spending 6 nights switching refineries near Ozol. (Need to get a laptop)
The week after that I will be spending 6 beautiful nights in the Oakland yard. (Need to get a laptop)
Then the week after Oakland I will be back in Roseville for 2 weeks.
After all this I am told I will have two weeks conductor school and then two more weeks of on the job training somewhere.

So that is the scoop. biggrin.gif

#9 cell0518

cell0518

*Canon 300D Owner*

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 08:38 PM

Sounds good. Good luck with your job. smile.gif

#10 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:14 AM

Everyone interested-- new screens at SLW.COM on the routes page.

biggrin.gif

#11 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:02 PM

Thanks Craig

#12 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:00 PM

Great news, will check it out. Thanks everyone at SLW. Love your work and have enough patience to wait until it is done. Like fine wine, it has to nurture. So it is with SLW, yes? wink.gif

Keep up the good work guys, despite your new jobs and all, I think you guys will get the job done and done well. I have faith in you all. You are all a great bunch of guys at SLW. And I mean that sincerely!

Tim

#13 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:42 AM

Here is some newer news....

Well Cal-P is still coming. We found some one who is great at what he does and has taken all the research we had found in the last few years (unbelievable it has been several years since the start of the Cal-P project), combined it with his own and is really coming out with some good ideas.

-We are at a point where we need to nail down what type of track we will be using. I have been trying to get a contract for Marc's Scale Rail, but it appears that is not going to happen as it has taken too much time and effort. So we are looking to roll our own or use someone else's.
-The signals have been modeled for a year now.
-Ron Picardi has supplied us with some really nice bridges
-Many of you have given us pieces of information and done a little research as well.
I thankyou all for your support.
Once we get some more vegetation layed in, we might see some more screens.

Note: the rail and locomotives are products of 3DTrains and may not be associated with this product upon final release.
IPB Image

IPB Image

#14 Acela2020

Acela2020

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:11 AM

looking great!!!! cool.gif that is scale rail, correct?

#15 cell0518

cell0518

*Canon 300D Owner*

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(zhivago47 @ Feb 21 2004, 02:28 AM)
Thanks for reminding me what a boring life I have!  sad.gif That's all I do all day is sit in front of mine. Ah, to be young again and have that chance! Oh well, I have had my time, guess it is you guys' turn. I do hope that we will see something from you all at some not too distant point. Heck, you can't do that everynight can you? Hmmm! Now that I think on it, I guess you could. Or I would if given the chance! wink.gif

Oh, how I miss those days!

Tim

ROFLMAO!!!!!

QUOTE(century242 @ Aug 1 2004, 12:42 PM)
Note: the rail and locomotives are products of 3DTrains and may not be associated with this product upon final release.

Well, I sure hope that ScaleRail makes it, if nothing else. smile.gif wink.gif

#16 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:09 PM

So do I

#17 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:30 PM

Glad I gave you a chuckle there cell0518. But I was serious! sad.gif unsure.gif

Anyway, I hope scale rail is a part of the route as well. Certainly any issues you all have can be rectified. I mean you are all a part of this forum here so there must be some communication here. Let's resolve the issue and make scale rail a part of the cal-p route. You guys need a go between. Be glad to help! Seriously. wink.gif

wink.gif

#18 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:28 AM

-We are at a point where we need to nail down what type of track we will be using. I have been trying to get a contract for  Marc's Scale Rail, but it appears that is not going to happen as it has taken too much time and effort. So we are looking to roll our own or use someone else's.

Might help, Erik, if you were to email me direct at mnelson@3dtrains.com. As far as I'm aware, I haven't recieved any email from you in some time. I just figured you were busy with the UP. rolleyes.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#19 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:55 AM

Well I was using your other email addres

#20 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:47 AM

Sorry about that, Erik. The other addy got so stuffed with SPAM, that I stopped using it long ago. sad.gif

Cheers!
Marc