Photo

Progress Update...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 tractionjackson

tractionjackson

Carbarn Crew

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 09:42 AM

Hi Andre,

I'm very far removed from Arkansas, but my Granma Smith, who's maiden name was Lane, came from Rogers, up in the NW corner of the state. My great granddad Lane was a superior carpenter and horseman. He is reported to have built the first woodframe house in Rogers. Is this the same area as your route?

And if I get the No.Ark, I promise not to string wires over the tracks! wink.gif

Tim

#22 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 08:05 PM

Tim!

I'm very familiar with the Rogers area. Small world!

Rogers is in the region the North Arkansas operated, but couldn't really say it was close.

The North Arkansas ran from Seligman, Missouri (about 30 minutes drive north/northeast of Rogers?), southeast toward Eureka Springs, and eventually down through Harrison, Arkansas and finally onto West Helena, Arkansas.

I'm modeling it during its southeastern expansion from just north of Eureka Springs to near Berryville. Timetable directions were north/south, btw.

Good to see you here!

Andre Ming

#23 tractionjackson

tractionjackson

Carbarn Crew

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 09:36 PM

My Great-great granpa James L. Greenup lived in Hindsville and later in War Eagle, ARK. Actually he was the one who built the first house in Rogers, after the Frisco built a station there. He's buried in Colbaugh, north of Hindsville. He was born in Miller County, MO.

Now I haveto have your route, Andre!

Tim

#24 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 09:50 PM

Hindsville, eh?

This is crazy. I lived in Hunstville for a spell... right down the road from Hindsville. Like I said... small world.

All those places were my old stompin' grounds.

Also ran steamers up at Eurkeka Springs back when the Eureka Springs & North Arkansas tourist line was a going concern... on a portion of the very roadbed I've recreated in V scale! It's uncanny to me to run the North Arkansas route from Eureka Springs to Junction, or vice versa. Definitely familiar ground!

Andre