Photo

Progress Update...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:46 PM

Along with a couple pics I will be posting at the Train-sim Screen Shot forum, thought I'd give an update as well as share a few more pics.

I can almost count on both hands how many more objects need to be built/textured. I think there's already something like 160+ custom objects in the Shapes folder for the North Arkansas... but I'm getting close! (YEEEE-Hawwww!!! Okay, okay... I've got control again... sort of.)

Since my last update, the remaining objects for the town of Berryville have been built and installed, as well as details placed.

Other needed objects have been built and installed.

Soon, I will need to get my website up and functioning (which will take from my RE/TSM/PSP time)... but getting this close to starting the final texture/object tweaking, final beta testing, and cleaning up the folders in advance of packaging is a great feeling.

Okay, enough babbling... here's a few pics. First off, here's view off the wye at Walden...

Attached Files

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:47 PM

The west tunnel portal...

Attached Files

#3 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:49 PM

In 1901, the Ozarks were still quite rugged, remote, and very backwoods. In fact, log cabins such as this remained in common use through the depression years. Some STILL survive and are inhabited!

Attached Files

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:53 PM

Last pic for now.

Later!

Attached Files

#5 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:53 PM

Very nice, there is a strong sense of time and place in these shots. I can almost hear the banjo and fiddle.

#6 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:56 PM

Wow, you're FAST, Chip... I wasn't even done uploading the last pic and BOOM, there you were!

Thanks. I was very gratified to read your comment about it having a strong sense of time and place. That's one thing I am hoping to capture in the towns, structures, et al.

'Preciate you saying that.

Andre

#7 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 08:46 AM

Will you have an ol' hound dog on that there porch?

laugh.gif

#8 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE(ckawahara @ Jan 21 2004, 10:46 AM)
Will you have an ol' hound dog on that there porch?

laugh.gif

....and a still out back??? cool.gif

#9 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,092 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:15 AM

Gee, Andre - you continue to tease us with those lovely shots! I love those trees! biggrin.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#10 moose49

moose49

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:01 PM

This is really neat I'll have to have it. Good job Andre!!!! cool.gif

#11 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:51 PM

Wow! Input! Love it!

Okay... lemme take a gander at what all you'ins said*

> Will you have an ol' hound dog on that there porch?

Good idea! Think I could get away slipping up and taking a pic of Ol' Jake down the street? (Wonder if they'll call the cops on me????)

> and a still out back???

LOL!

> I love those trees!

Eat your heart out *2. cool.gif

> This is really neat I'll have to have it. Good job Andre!!!!

Thanks. I'm enjoying creating it... but building the North Arkansas has been a lot more drawn-out than I first thought. I'll be glad when I've got it wrapped up and ready to start packaging.

* Interpretations:

* - The above line was spoken in Ozarkese. In fact: If'n yer gonna' railroad own the North Arkansaw, you'all's gonna' have to git you some learnin' on how to speak Ozarkese... else'n you ain't gonna' be worth a pee-tiddlin' hoot at readin' yer flimsies.

*2 - Marc: It goes both ways... I wish I could 3D model/texture like you can! We're never satisfied, eh?

If any of you that is interested haven't seen the couple pics I posted to the Train-Sim Screen Shot forum, here's a quick link to it.

http://www.train-sim...mID15/2856.html

Andre "Coonskin" Ming

P.S. The tunnel portal scene above is already history. "The Morning After" syndrome stuck. (i.e. Once I've slept after building a scene.) I've already reworked it significantly to look a bit more pleasing to my eyes.

#12 Acela2020

Acela2020

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:27 AM

this route is coming along amazingly biggrin.gif , Do you plan on doing any other routes after this one is done?

#13 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:43 AM

..."this route is coming along amazingly, Do you plan on doing any other routes after this one is done?"...

Well, of course, the first priority is enough sales to warrant saying "good bye" to my discretionary time! biggrin.gif

But yes, more routes to follow, and hopefully not taking as long to develop. (I'm learning a tremendous amount of transferable experience on this first one.)

The next route scheduled is to be set in a more contemporary era and tentative plans are to use custom 3DTrains engines/textures and Dekosoft rolling stock w/custom textures.

In fact, even after the "next one", my production schedule is pretty much outlined for the entire year.

However, more will be said about the "next one" after I get this one out the door and happily being enjoyed by any/all that purchased it.

Andre

#14 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 12:38 PM

Those screens of the engine at T-S are really great...my motive power collection does not have anything like it. Should be a thrill to try to get a head of steam in it! Logs in the tender, wow!

laugh.gif

For a link:
http://www.train-sim...mID15/2856.html

#15 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

Registered Ferroequinologist

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(BLW_1946 @ Jan 21 2004, 12:36 PM)
....and a still out back???   cool.gif

Forget the still 'til you build the "little brown shack." wink.gif
You know, the necessary house. The one with the crescent in the door! Don't want a still 'til you have that! blush.gif

ADDED: I wait with 'bated breath for the release.

Edited by oldrailfan, 22 January 2004 - 01:56 PM.

#16 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(oldrailfan @ Jan 22 2004, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE(BLW_1946 @ Jan 21 2004, 12:36 PM)
....and a still out back???  cool.gif

Forget the still 'til you build the "little brown shack." wink.gif
You know, the necessary house. The one with the crescent in the door! Don't want a still 'til you have that! blush.gif

ADDED: I wait with 'bated breath for the release.

well, there's plenty o' bushes - and with the revenue from the still they could even afford one of them new-fangled pull-chain toilets... rolleyes.gif

then there was that young feller down by the station, just standin' there eating worms out of a bucket - i asked him what was he doin' and he said he was 'waitin' with baited breath...' blush.gif

better get some boots - it's getting pretty deep 'round these parts... tongue.gif tongue.gif

#17 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(BLW_1946 @ Jan 22 2004, 03:51 PM)
better get some boots - it's getting pretty deep 'round these parts... tongue.gif tongue.gif

Seeking offer to trade new pair of hip boots for equivalent condition chest high waders.... wink.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

#18 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

Registered Ferroequinologist

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE(BLW_1946 @ Jan 22 2004, 06:51 PM)
then there was that young feller down by the station, just standin' there eating worms out of a bucket - i asked him what was he doin' and he said he was 'waitin' with baited breath...' blush.gif

AH HA!! I got someone to rise to the bait!!! ohmy.gif
Maybe that explains all the fish biting on my lower lip? laugh.gif

Better be careful, I got a million of 'em. (And a quick draw holster to keep 'em in)

#19 tractionjackson

tractionjackson

Carbarn Crew

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 09:35 PM

Andre, your route is gorgeous. I hope to be able to purchase it. Might see some of my long-lost relec-tives along the rite-o-way!

Tim

#20 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 11:37 PM

Thanks Tim, aka "tractionjackson"!

What portion of the Ozarks did/do your relatives live?

Andre