• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mirots2022

mirots2022

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 08:54 PM

So I just purchased the Tehachapi pass route for railworks 2 days ago. My paypal email is different from the one I'm using here so, could that be a reason why I didn't receive what I paid for? Sorry if I sound impatient, just wanted to confirm.

#2 Tamburello_1994

Tamburello_1994

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 08:57 PM

Take a look around the "forum" and see you're not the only one in this position. 

#3 Greedybananas

Greedybananas

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:59 PM

Join the club 2 weeks going on 3 lol

#4 Tamburello_1994

Tamburello_1994

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 07:04 AM

I was taken aback a bit when someone was talking about as I would never do that ( just not worth it ) however I certainly understand the frustration. Waiting five days (me), much less 2-3 weeks is just scandalous.

Obviously this "company" has no respect in regards to it's perspective customers. I'll never do business here again.

#5 Greedybananas

Greedybananas

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 03:18 PM

Yep, Its getting really annoying. I think we were scammed... Or they just don't care and will leave us hanging for a few more weeks. 

#6 Tamburello_1994

Tamburello_1994

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 08:51 PM

I really don't think its a scam because I've seen the product out there. "Schnauuzahpowahz" the You-Tuber, vouched for the guy -- he obviously rec'd his stuff, and I'm betting many of us, if not all are here because we all same the same video.

I want my F7 locomotive more than the route personally as I fear my rig won't be able to handle Powder River Basin, as it struggles now with B.O MT. Sub, and Bergen Co. Just crap that all this is single sourced to this outlet.

What I don't understand is -- OK dude is "unavailable" or whatever -- Is it so damn hard to automate the process? I mean, this is 2022, correct? Is he actually doing the emailing himself? That would be insane. Get a notification -- it should be a matter of basically waving a magic wand at that point. 

I get why he has this forum set up -- for expressly this purpose right here: To me that was the first red flag. Perhaps encourage, but it shouldn't be at all mandatory to join a server in order to make a purchase. 

I am reasonable. You hope whomever it is they're OK in life -- but and explanation at this point by him, or whomever that was telling someone to be chill and be patient  is long overdue.

Crap way to do biz -- that's all I know.    

#7 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:10 AM

The "Dude's" username is Bananarama.

To answer your questions:

Yes apparently he is "unavailable"

Yes

Yes

Yes

I understand your (and the others) frustration in not being able to get the product you purchased.

There is nothing I or any of the others with Moderator status can do about purchases, but we can moderate posts, so keep it clean!

My concern not about money spent, BUT worry about a friend of over 20 years.  And it is fueled by the fact that in 20 years he has never been this "unavailable".

(No I do not have a means of contacting him except via email and forum posts.)

Over the weekend or Holidays usually, but NEVER this many days.

With the pandemic and the media reporting that the sky is falling, I am worried that the "worst" has occurred.

That has already occurred with another one person MSTS vendor.

The access/distribution method he has setup was created during a period of illegal "sharing" of MSTS creations.

The one email you received is the only automated process.  Marc must manually change your user status from "Member" to a higher security level giving you access to the area of the forum that has the download link. 

As far as "Scam"  NO.  There are over 500 forum members with a forum membership of "Valued Customer" or higher indicating that we have received or purchase(s).

#8 Tamburello_1994

Tamburello_1994

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 09:17 PM

Thank you sir for your reply.

I'm all good. Sorry to hear about your friend. I got the sense this might be the case yesterday as it was just a bit too quiet here. Again, sorry to hear this.

Obviously you're aware, and answering concerns... I feel communication is key.... That's all I ever wanted above all else. Bottom line: Let's hope good things for Marc, or Bananarama -- that's what important now.

Appreciate your time cr-stagg. Thank you and be well.

#9 mirots2022

mirots2022

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 11:10 AM

Sorry to hear about Marc, really hope things get better for him.

#10 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 11:14 AM

Sorry to hear about Marc, really hope things get better for him.

???????????????   What did you hear?   We have not heard from him nor has he visited the forum.

#11 mirots2022

mirots2022

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 02:30 AM

???????????????   What did you hear?   We have not heard from him nor has he visited the forum.

nvm it was a misunderstanding 

#12 Redd

Redd

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 04:39 PM

I too am waiting for a download link for Tehachapi pass to enable the Powder River Basin route by Tomcat. Hoping we get this resolved soon.

Thanks,

Redd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users