10 replies to this topic

#1 marinekasel

marinekasel

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:27 PM

Any more updates to come soon? or is Tehachapi Pass no longer in the works?

#2 CurtC

CurtC

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:22 AM

Seems like everything has come to a stop.  While I don't have Tehachapi, I do have Sherman Hill, and we've been waiting for updates, or at least some communication, for months.  Does anyone knows what's going on with 3dtrains?

#3 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:13 PM

'burn out' is all we officially know

#4 turboblower1

turboblower1

Railfan

• Route Beta
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:24 AM

Hope he is still not selling it then.

#5 charliechan

charliechan

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:14 PM

Just waiting for my refund

#6 marinekasel

marinekasel

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:39 AM

Its a shame we can't even get a direct answer on the status or future, feel like we have been lied to, first it was "work in progress" and then be "patient" to nothing being released. The route it self is yes playable, however I believe like most, assets is what makes the route come to life, and even though there are other assets that could be used, I purchased this route mainly for the use of  assets that other routes don't provide that make the route feel realistic. 

#7 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:13 PM

I have been involved with 3DTrains since the beginning, I can assure you are not being "lied to" as you have stated here. I do know that Marc has many projects on his plate and is a one man show, give him time and keep up with the forums here and you will soon have an answer.

Thanks

#8 DirtyRam

DirtyRam

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:09 PM

I concur

Mike

#9 dphorton

dphorton

Dispatcher

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:48 PM

Marc just has a lot to do right now as I understand.

#10 Big Zee

Big Zee

The Small Vicuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:44 AM

Life gets in the way sometimes fellas.  Life got in the way for me and I disappeared for the better part of a decade. I've known Marc for 20 years and he has always been committed to his customers.  The last time I spoke with Marc, which was not long ago, he said that he had commitments to his customers that he had to complete.  That tells me that, at some point, he will finish the projects he has deemed a priority.  While we have had some great times here at 3DTrains, it really has been stressful at times.  First, the Pacific Surfliner fiasco back in the day....the extreme amount of work that went into the Feather River route (poor Nalle, I haven't heard from his since), and even upgrading some of the older MSTS offerings to a higher standard.  That is what burned me out and I still haven't recovered.  I always applauded Marc for sticking to it as long as he did as I, and many others, didn't have the motivation to continue doing it.  Marc's life is not just 3DTrains now as it was in the past, for a very long time.  He has an important job which takes priority at the moment and until that motivation kicks back in, which I'm sure it will, we'll just have to wait a bit longer to see what the future holds.  Now, when Tehachapi gets to a certain point, I have some very nice scenarios with full audio cues to include along with it.  

#11 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

Hey Dan Zollner glad to see your still around. I think it's been about 10 years at least for me too, was way to busy. Retirement has brought me back...lol

Dan is absolutely correct and trust me Marc is a perfectionist which is why he spends a lot of time on his products. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users