10 replies to this topic

#1 CurtC

CurtC

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:20 PM

Hi, I purchased the beta version of SH in 2016.  since that time, for various reasons, I have been unable to download the updates.  I'm ready to do so now,and am wondering if the most recent update (1-5-18) is a cumulative update, or do I need to go back and run each update separately?  I've tried to search this question, but haven't been successful.  I greatly appreciate any assistance.

#2 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:28 PM

They are cumulative.

#3 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

Also, be sure to check the date of the last full build to see if you missed something. When in doubt, insstall the full build, which contains all updates up to the date shown on the download post, and then the current update, which will then bring you up to speed. :)

Cheers!
Marc

#4 CurtC

CurtC

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:09 AM

Thanks, Marc.  Again, I appreciate your help.  I wanted to make sure that I have installed the latest full-build.  And I remember seeing a complete list of "full-builds" and updates somewhere, but can't locate them now.  Could you possibly direct me to that?  What I have done since I purchased the route in 2016, is downloaded the 2 items in my SH download section - Sherman Hill Route beta v1.06.02.17 and the latest beta Update 01.05.18.  I'm doubting that I have the latest full-build, as I'm seeing screenshots that contain things that I don't have.  

Thanks, Curt

#5 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

Thanks, Marc.  Again, I appreciate your help.  I wanted to make sure that I have installed the latest full-build.  And I remember seeing a complete list of "full-builds" and updates somewhere, but can't locate them now.  Could you possibly direct me to that?  What I have done since I purchased the route in 2016, is downloaded the 2 items in my SH download section - Sherman Hill Route beta v1.06.02.17 and the latest beta Update 01.05.18.  I'm doubting that I have the latest full-build, as I'm seeing screenshots that contain things that I don't have.  

Thanks, Curt

Rather than posting the URL 

• 3DTrains Forums
    • 3DTrains Products
    • Feedback & Support
    • Sherman Hill
    • Sherman Hill Downloads
    • -->Sherman Hill Beta v1.06.02.17 + Updates

#6 CurtC

CurtC

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

Thanks, Charles, but this was the path that I had tried to outline above, and had already used.  What I was trying to determine was if "Sherman Hill Route Beta v1.06.02.17" was the most recent full-build.  I'm not sure if everyone's SH Download sections are the same (I would presume so),but all I am seeing is the Beta route that I just mentioned, and the 01.05.18 update.

#7 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 03:30 PM

Of course. Only the latest full build is available.

Cheers!
Marc

#8 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

Curt,

What is the path to Train.exe that Sherman Hill is installed into?   Maybe your PC security is not letting the SH installer write the files.

.............  And I remember seeing a complete list of "full-builds" and updates somewhere, but can't locate them now.  ...........

Thanks, Curt

The only place I have ever seen a full list of all the builds is in the ReadMe.txt that get installed in the Routes/Sherman Hill folder.

#9 CurtC

CurtC

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:02 PM

After reinstalling the route and last update, things look better.  My path for the route is F drive>MSTS>Routes.  Like I say, a lot of the previously missing scenery objects are now showing.  Are mileposts placed yet?

#10 CurtC

CurtC

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:16 PM

Hi,

As mentioned above, after downloading the newest full build and update, I'm not seeing mileposts or grade crossing signs.  I know that in another post Marc had stated that these were to be added to the list.  This was posted back in November, I believe.  I'm certainly not rushing Marc, but was wondering if anyone else's updates included these.  Just wanted to back sure I'm current.

#11 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:54 PM

I’m pretty sure I added both rail crossings and mileposts some time ago (over a year). FWIW, the installer should automatically point to where you installed MSTS, but if it doesn’t, simply use the “Brose” button to navigate to the main MSTS directory.

Cheers!
Marc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users