5 replies to this topic

#1 thor

thor

Railfan

• Route Beta
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:54 PM

Hi all

I tried to work the scenario "Stormy night on the pass", the stack train passes me at the beginning - and then I never get the road to continue. After some examiniation I noticed in the editor that the track the consist is on (Caliente Main 2 I think) is set only for one direction - the direction against my way. So I have to push back some miles and continue forward again over Main 1 (which is unidirectional in the direction I have to go) to run the scenario.

I am not sure if this is intentional and should also have been noticed by the scenario creator. Either the direction of track has been altered after scenario creation time or something is wrong with my installation. Anyone can confirm the unidirectional tracks? I am wondering if it is useful to define tracks unidirectional, since situations like in this scenario are no longer possible, Otherwise it may help the dispatcher finding right way or set signals against another train.

Cheers

Thorsten

#2 wpman

wpman

Brakeman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:12 PM

As creator of this scenario this is the first I have heard of it in almost 2 years since I uploaded it. I took a look in the scenario editor to see what if anything has been changed in the route itself that may have caused it to not work anymore. Indeed, the line between Ilmon and Caliente has been changed from bi-directional to directional on both tracks which will make the scenario non operational. While this makes no sense to me since the tracks are signaled for traffic in both directions only Marc has the information on this part of the line that he is modeling to explain it all. I am sorry for the trouble you are having running this scenario, as for me it does not work anymore either. If the issue cannot be resolved, I will ask Marc to remove it from the forum downloads.

=wpman=

#3 thor

thor

Railfan

• Route Beta
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for replying wpman, since it is possible to modify track options also in scenario I changed the piece of track the train is using to bi-directional and scenario works fine - at least at the beginning. You're right, signalling is present for bi-directional trackage, did not notice this. Let's wait if Marc can shed some light on the reason this has been changed.

Cheers

Thorsten

#4 wpman

wpman

Brakeman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for replying wpman, since it is possible to modify track options also in scenario I changed the piece of track the train is using to bi-directional and scenario works fine - at least at the beginning. You're right, signalling is present for bi-directional trackage, did not notice this. Let's wait if Marc can shed some light on the reason this has been changed.

Cheers

Thorsten

As a precaution, I am working on version 2 just in case. I have it mostly done, I just have to test it. And yes, I know I can modify track direction thru the scenario editor without affecting the overall route and have taught myself this- but I would rather wait until Marc maybe gives his thoughts about this. Until then -

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

=wpman=

#5 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

I also asked for changes in track direction to force right hand running on stretches of double track in Quick Drive scenarios.

Could it be that the game runs trains over the lefthand main when both mainline tracks are bi-directional, due to its UK origin?
I noticed this on the Bena - Sandcut grade.

I think Marc strictly followed the included Employee Time Table to set up the track direction. So if SP/UP favours right hand running on double track bi-directional CTC while the game favours left hand running, we have a problem ....

#6 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

I started cleaning up a few areas that were wrong to begin with, but to ensure I started clean, I removed quite a number of areas that were or should be bi-directional. Once I’ve worked out a few issues, I’ll slowly re-introduce the bi-directional bits.

Cheers!
Marc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users