• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

Now available in the Tehachapi Pass download area. :)

Cheers!

Marc

#2 dphorton

dphorton

Dispatcher

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

Yaa Hoo, Thank you.

#3 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

No problems with the assets, save that one mysterious texture error.

However, the strange routing of my QD scenario remains and I cannot get my finger behind the cause.

Anybody else uses the Kanawha QD scenarios? Perhaps they need updating, but I don't think the network has been altered.

#4 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:33 PM

Where is the texture error?

As for routing, do you mean the jct at Mojave or Kern?

Cheers!
Marc

#5 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:06 AM

The mysterious texture error has been discussed here: http://www.3dtrains....-update-posted/

The routing concerns the South Mojave BNSF-UP junction where UP trains coming from Palmdale are forced to run the wrong main
It has been discussed here: can't seem to find it, she search of previous postings is limited to 12 month of age?

The other routing concerns the Cable control point: http://www.3dtrains....shing/?p=144257
Here player train is routed onto the left hand main, while this double track section is right hand running

Both routings were OK when I designed those simple QD scenarios. However, tThe whole use of BNSF short and long crossovers is still unresolved from the AI point of view.

#6 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

I've uploaded a new file in the Tehachapi Download area, but I've kept it incremental, and the latest cumulative version is required prior to installing. If all goes well, I'll add it to this Friday's cumulative update.

Cheers!

Marc

#7 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:46 AM

Thanks, Marc.

The Cable routing is back to what I remember it was.

The South Mojave is still giving problems. Must check and test further.
A pity one cannot deny BNSF AI trains access to UP trackage into the portals and vice versa.

It all depends on what a player want with South Mojave as either start of end of scenarios.

Southbound scenarios will most likely end on Main Track 1 at CPSP 381,  in front of the signal, supposedly waiting for an opposite train coming up from the single tracks under the viaduct.

My problem is with northbound trains off the Palmdale main.
Here there are several choices:
Rolling starts coming from Sanborn or Palmdale are possible, otherwise the trains have to start under the signal or come to a stop under it first before.
Standing on the UP main:

- letting a higher priority NB BNSF train onto MT2 first, or a BNSF local enter the Mojave yard by the short crossover;

- letting a SB BNSF train pass in front from MT1 to Sanborn by the long crossover, or a BNSF local out of the yard by the short crossover;
Standing on the BNSF main there should be no conflicting moves, unless the player train is the Mojave Flyer and has to enter the yard by means of the short crossover.

#8 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

I was able to fix many of the routing issues on TP by means of limiting track direction. Mojave still needs work, and the BNSF and UP mains may need to be lengthened so that an additional signal can be placed.

Im also interested in what others find at Kern Jct in Bakersfield, as all track from there to bena was reset with corrected track direction. Someone else had mentioned before that Kern Jct was a sore spot coming off the BNSF, and I would be interested to know if the latest edits had any impact.

Cheers!
Marc

#9 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

I was able to fix many of the routing issues on TP by means of limiting track direction. Mojave still needs work, and the BNSF and UP mains may need to be lengthened so that an additional signal can be placed.

Im also interested in what others find at Kern Jct in Bakersfield, as all track from there to bena was reset with corrected track direction. Someone else had mentioned before that Kern Jct was a sore spot coming off the BNSF, and I would be interested to know if the latest edits had any impact.

Cheers!
Marc

I've found the error I think, the default track direction of Mojave Main 2 was southbound (against the flow of right hand traffic) instead of northbound. Same for North Mojave - Cameron Xover. Selecting the track and toggling the Up-Down sorted the error out. Now the player train coming from Fleta/Palmdale takes the #2 main as it should.

I've also found that I am using completely different QD scenarios from the originals. Two years of tinkering and I haven't updated the ones on this site, go figure, LOL. :unsure:

I haven't had problems with a QD starting in BNSF Bakersfield at Kern Jct, other than the signal needing a press of the TAB key to clear. I remember that wasn't the case in earlier versions of the tracks.bin.
I'll have a few runs to see how it is now.
Kern Jct to CP Sandcut is double track ABS, right hand running also. Sandcut to Bena is CTC. 

Once the new tracks.bin is out I probably best start over anew, perhaps using flying starts NB still well away from South Mojave Jct.

#10 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

I've again gone back and altered track direction based on my charts and the Mojave Main-2 error you mentioned above. Areas affected are Mojave to Cable, Caliente to Ilomon, and Bena to Bakersfield (plus the BNSF yard at Bakersfield). I'll add this to tomorrow's update.

Cheers!

Marc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users