1 reply to this topic

#1 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:01 AM

With TSW still not open for third parties, TSxx will be the main game for route builders for a while more.

For ScaleRail, I'd like to see 112 Lbs track and US specific hardware, i.e. closed frogs, derails, electrical locks, signals, etc.

I believe some of these were planned initially, and some have materialised in Tehachapi assets, but as a whole, there are still gaps.

Is 112 Lbs and lighter track possible? By matrix transformation you can probably reduce rail size, but what about tie spacing? Old track needs new textures for dirty ballast and crumpling ties.

Closed frogs etc mean a complete remake of the dynamic creation of track? Or is panel track (a.k.a. model railroad track pieces) an option?

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,092 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:51 AM

Sectional pieces are not possible in TS, but would have been nice to have. If nothing else, it would have allowed me to created detailed turnouts with some extra detail.

As for lighter rail, that is a definite possibility...I had wanted to do a series of heavy, medium and light rail, but life got in the way.

Cheers!

Marc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users