4 replies to this topic

#1 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

Scott at Diesels West released a pair of activities recently, a westbound manifest and an eastbound perishable block.  The westbound activity runs beautifully.  I posted a series of screenshots in the Elvas Tower forum - http://www.elvastowe...r-sherman-hill/- but I encountered a strange problem with missing shrub textures while running the eastbound.  I have tried lowering video settings and other adjustments to no avail.  The same train in explore mode on the same path fails to duplicate the problem.  I'll post a few screenshots below.

Open Rails 2017-08-30 01-09-41.jpg

Open Rails 2017-08-30 05-27-05.jpg

Open Rails 2017-08-30 05-29-39.jpg

Open Rails 2017-08-30 05-30-52.jpg

We have been trying to determine the cause, but have thus far come up empty.  I'm running OR 1.2.3766 and Sherman Hill is up to date as of 9.1.17/

#2 DirtyRam

DirtyRam

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

Hi Tim, might I ask how one could get these acts, I've been to DW and can't find them anywhere. I have a lot of there stuff, its excellent. I'm in Toronto, back in 1988 I started with CN and trained running into Frontier Yard. Around 1992 I became an engineer and qualified on 334 running over there again. We were put up at the Williamsville Inn. Sorry for getting off topic.

Mike

#3 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Hi Mike, the activities are available on the DW members site.  If you're not already a member, you'll have to register.  An email to Scott should open the door.

The Belt Line runs just behind this house.  My 3rd floor apt. sways a bit with each passing train.  The Williamsville Inn is long gone.  I work a short distance from where it used to be.

#4 DirtyRam

DirtyRam

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:26 PM

Right on, I was going over when the International Bridge was closed, because of a few piers being underwashed. So, I got to cross at the falls and run in that way for a while.

I've asked Scott about that and never got a response, so didn't want to push the issue. I've never had any problem with him. I realize he takes a long time sometimes to respond because he's a busy man.

Thanks for your answer, bud, and take care.

Mike

#5 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

Updating OR to X3696 fixed the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users