5 replies to this topic

#1 Caldrifter

Caldrifter

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

Hello. The last few times I've run the full route from Bakersfield to Mojave, the sim crashes as I approach the town of Tehachapi. Also, at times when I do happen to make it to the town of Tehachapi,  there seems to be somewhat of  a route conflict. Train on track 2 is stopped by a red aspect signal at the depot and is never allowed to proceed. I've checked on down the line toward Mojave and there is an AI train stopped, but not proceeding..just waiting. It seems to me that if it is waiting for me, the red aspect should allow me to proceed and then when it approaches the waiting train, be switched over to avoid a conflict.  Any thoughts? This, of course, occurs if the sim doesn't crash beforehand. It's gotten to the point that I have to stop and save a few times in order to make any progress.

Thanks.

#2 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:23 AM

Yes, I noticed that too.

It seems the default position of some switches has changed, or the default track direction.

#3 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

It seems the default position of some switches has changed, or the default track direction.

This would only occur at the scenario level, as all switches are set to the straight path from the start before any scenarios are created.

Cheers!
Marc

#4 Caldrifter

Caldrifter

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

Hello Marc. This is occurring at the quick-drive section and it occurs upon arrival at the town of Tehachapi at the signal aspect right by the train station and freight house.  Also, any ideas why the sim is crashing? Tehachapi loop is the only place this is happening. I have most all of the routes from steam (Marias Pass, Stevens Pass, Donner Pass, Cajon Pass, etc.) and there isn't any problem with crashing when I run these routes. So, I don't think it is due to my video settings for the sim. Are you using a more complicated/frame-rate draining scenery in this sim?

One other thing, if I may. In the next update, could you please fix the auto traffic running through the crossing gates in front of the approaching train at the grade crossing right before the big left-hand curve into Sand Cut? Something isn't set right on this grade crossing in reference to the vehicle road traffic. I don't know how to post a screenshot into this forum. I will send you  some images by regular email.

Caldrifter

#5 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:07 AM

I noticed the switch at CPSP 356 Cable is suddenly lined for MT #2, while it used to be lined for the correct right hand running on MT #1, allowing me to end the QD at Summit Switch South.

I didn't change anything in my QD scenarios for months and my install used tracks.bin 01/06/2017.

Are default switch positions stored somewhere? Perhaps they can be resetted?

#6 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

AFAIK, they're stored in the scenario itself. The tracks.bin was updated just a few updates ago, so perhaps this changed things on older scenarios.

One other thing, if I may. In the next update, could you please fix the auto traffic running through the crossing gates in front of the approaching train at the grade crossing right before the big left-hand curve into Sand Cut? Something isn't set right on this grade crossing in reference to the vehicle road traffic. I don't know how to post a screenshot into this forum. I will send you  some images by regular email.

I tried resetting this some time ago, but I guess it didn't take. I'll try again.

Cheers!
Marc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users