Photo

Trains Switching over from Track 1 to Track 2 at Kern Jct.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Caldrifter

Caldrifter

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:57 AM

If I can add my 2-cents here...concerning the issue with Bakersfield track 2 switch-over. I just ran the route from North Bakersfield. My train gets diverted from track one on to track 2 by an unmovable switch at Kern Jct. Upon proceeding eastbound down track 2, I noticed that all of the signals for track 2 are facing away from my oncoming train and are set for a westbound train. All of the signals for track one are correct for an eastbound train.

This switching occurrence only started with the new beta update of 12/27/2016. Previous eastbound runs have been straight down Bakersfield track 1 with no switchover. 

Upon arrival at the Sand Cut switchover, the first correctly facing signal for my train shows a red aspect. So, I stop and wait only to be crashed into by a westbound local being hauled by a SW1500. This locomotive did not even try to divert to track one on the switchover. It just plowed right into me head-on

Somethings not right here and needs to be addressed with an update. There is westbound traffic on Track 2 and my train should be running on Track 1 even through Kern Jct. My train shouldn't have to be subject to a head-on collision. Sure, I could manually switch my train over to track 1 at Sand Cut (the crossover there is movable manually), but it is unknown if there may be other dangerous issues waiting for me further on in the route.

Caldrifter

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:49 AM

It might be an issue with your scenario. I haven't included any, so any alternate routing shouldn't happen (track defaults to straight leg of turnout - BNSF to UP Main 1), but strange things do when an older scenario is mixed with a newer track db.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 Caldrifter

Caldrifter

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

Hi Marc. This doesn't occur within a scenario. It's what I run 99% of the time...quick drive. Like I said previously, this never happened until after the 12/27/2016 update. Now, I can't get it to change back. As I said previously, the switch there at Kern Jct. cannot be changed to allow straight-through running on Track 1 which was always the case before that update.

#4 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:47 PM

But the track defaults to the straight path, and appears that way in my version. :huh:

Cheers!
Marc

#5 jamesphh

jamesphh

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:05 AM

Having the same problem with a simple standard scenario/ Player waiting at jct for an AI to pass from Amtrack Station onto track one. Crossover is set to bring Ai onto track 2 and collision.

#6 dphorton

dphorton

Dispatcher

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:26 AM

Have you tried using the Flag Symbol to wake up the Dispatcher in Railworks to tell it that you want to travel on Track 1? I had had the same problem doing Scenarios on other Routes. Quick Drive I have no Idea as I personally don't run them as they are always a headache for me.

#7 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:46 AM

It might be a directional path issue. I'll double check that aspect.

Cheers!
Marc

#8 jamesphh

jamesphh

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

That is what I believe is correct as I get a driver fail on the ai exiting Amtrack.

#9 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

I've changed the way trains enter and exit Kern Jct. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

Cheers!
Marc

#10 jamesphh

jamesphh

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

Update cured issue with std scenario at Kern. BUT, section of track missing next to Amtrack station.

#11 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

Not on my copy. Do you have the latest FULL build AND the latest update?

There's a bunch of track next to the Amtrak station. Either post a screen, send it via email or give the exact lat/lon so I can check.

Cheers!
Marc

#12 jamesphh

jamesphh

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:13 AM

Problem solved! Must have done something when trying to get std scenario to run. Complete re-install solved issue.

#13 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

:)

#14 Caldrifter

Caldrifter

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

Have you tried using the Flag Symbol to wake up the Dispatcher in Railworks to tell it that you want to travel on Track 1? I had had the same problem doing Scenarios on other Routes. Quick Drive I have no Idea as I personally don't run them as they are always a headache for me.

I'm curious here. What is and how do you get to the "Flag Symbol" in Railworks to wake up the Dispatcher? I run TS2017 on Steam. I don't recall seeing anything like this on there. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

#15 dphorton

dphorton

Dispatcher

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:35 PM

The Flag Sysmolb is in the Scenario Build. When you are making a Consist you can used a FLAG Symbol instead of a Go Via. The Flag Sysmbol will not put anything in the Task List but it is supposed to tell your Driver or AI Consist where to go. See Attachments. See Flag in the Top Right Hand part of the Photo.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo1.jpg
  • Photo2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users