12 replies to this topic

#1 wpman

wpman

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

I hope I can get some help from the community on this one.

I cannot run any scenario set to 'Winter" with the latest build- Main build v.1.12.23.16 . I get the "save to dump" crash message every time. I have experimented with older builds and have no problems. I set up 4 simple scenarios set in all four seasons with same consist- 50 car BNSF reefer train- at the same start location- BNSF Mojave Sub- and all work but the one set for winter. When I revert to an earlier build they all work! It does not matter if it is raining, snowing or clear, I get the "save to dump" crash message when running the latest build.

I am hoping others in the community can try running anything set to winter with latest build to see what happens on your rig to see if it is something on my end or is it something to do with the latest build. Thanks in advance!

=wpman=

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:46 PM

Seems to be OK here...I'll dig into it.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:43 AM

This may be a seasonal terrain texture issue. Try deleting the following folder and see if that helps:

Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Content\Routes\cd566184-4d37-438e-a3ad-adfc488cd96a\Terrain\textures

Cheers!
Marc

#4 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:07 AM

My USA only game v58.6a crashes as well trying to run a QD in winter.
The default Steam game v58.8a crashes too.

Winter with Snow is the only season calling the winter textures (ground covered in snow)? In other seasons I get snowflakes but no ground cover.
I hardly ever run winter scenarios because hardly any rolling stock and many assets have complete winter textures and therefor look unrealistic together in a route.

#5 wpman

wpman

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:39 AM

This may be a seasonal terrain texture issue. Try deleting the following folder and see if that helps:

Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Content\Routes\cd566184-4d37-438e-a3ad-adfc488cd96a\Terrain\textures

Cheers!
Marc

Sad to say, it did not work. Just as a test, I started up some of the winter based scenarios for Donner Pass just to see if it was the simulator itself and not the route and they work fine.

=wpman=

#6 kassyjones

kassyjones

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:46 AM

Good Morning Marc:

I no longer have the starting point in Mojave that you put in, so we could add trains to it and run in free roam. It will also not show up in free roam. It shows up in standard. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any help.

Gerry

#7 jamesphh

jamesphh

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:10 AM

I have one freeroam set in winter, clear sky and snow on the ground. Start point was at UP EOL west of Mojave. It ran fine until I approached Mojave and then crashed. Was working fine in past.

#8 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:07 AM

Something must be amiss in the town. I'll see if I can narrow things down further.

BTW, has anyone run logmate to see what that might show?

Cheers!
Marc

#9 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

I've just run LogMate, but it didn't show anything useful. RW_Tools shows no missing assets or textures.

#10 wpman

wpman

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:25 AM

Something must be amiss in the town. I'll see if I can narrow things down further.

BTW, has anyone run logmate to see what that might show?

Cheers!
Marc

I just set up several scenarios starting in Tehachapi working toward Mojave and the one set for winter loaded up but crashed the simulator just south of Warren. Yes, I do believe there is something going wrong in Mojave during winter.

=wpman=

#11 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:06 PM

It's likely a corrupted scenery item - possibly one of the new state route signs. Still digging...

Cheers!
Marc

#12 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:01 PM

Tracked things down to a problematic texture. Seems to be fine now.

An update to fix this (and one smaller issue in Bakersfield) is now available for download. Please let me know if there are other issues I need to cover before Friday's update. Thanks! :)

Cheers!
Marc

#13 wpman

wpman

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

Thanks Marc! Works beautiful! :D :D :D

=wpman=

0 user(s) are reading this topic