5 replies to this topic

#1 signaleric

signaleric

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:57 PM

what is happening with  Tehachapi Pass updates the has been no news for a month ,it would be nice if we could be kept informed of what was going on,

#2 Caldrifter

Caldrifter

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:56 PM

I pretty sure that Marc is just taking a break for the Thanksgiving holiday. The updates should continue when he gets his fill of turkey and dressing.

I am desperately  looking forward to in the near future updates to having some of the freeway overpasses completed with support columns. Also, some of the gullies along the route bridged with small bridges or trestles. Every time I pass over one of them I just hope and pray that the roadway ballast has enough impregnated super glue to hold together so it doesn't cave in on me. :D

#3 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

My apologies for the long silence. Yes, taking a break, but mostly for personal reasons. However, I should be able to upload updates for both routes either today or this weekend. Tehachapi's update will include improvements to the UP and BNSF yards at Bakersfield, some cleanup of older objects, as well as various item improvements at Mojave and Tehachapi.

Cheers!

Marc

#4 Caldrifter

Caldrifter

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

One question that has been nudging at me for some time now, Marc. I noticed that there is a Sherman Hill route available as well as the Tehachapi Route. I have the Sherman Hill route from Steam purchased and installed. How does the Steam version of the route differ, or even compare, with the one available from your website?

#5 NJMatt007

NJMatt007

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

One question that has been nudging at me for some time now, Marc. I noticed that there is a Sherman Hill route available as well as the Tehachapi Route. I have the Sherman Hill route from Steam purchased and installed. How does the Steam version of the route differ, or even compare, with the one available from your website?

The Sherman Hill here on 3DTrains is for MSTS or ORTS.  Tehachapi Pass is for TS2017.

As far as I am concern the Sherman Hill I play in ORTS I bought from here is far superior than the TS2017 version , even as a beta.  I only bought the Steam version for my TS2017 just for assets I needed for other routes in the Workshop.

#6 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:39 PM

I provided the initial trackwork, basic models and the photos I took in '05 to DTG for the Railworks version. Tehachapi was just getting underway, so I didn't have time to contribute further.

Cheers!
Marc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users