7 replies to this topic

#1 Dougie1974

Dougie1974

Mechanic

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

Hi guys are you aware that this route has been developed?

#2 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:58 AM

it looks nice. I still think the decision to truncate the route at Quincy is wrong, The reasoning behind it also, since one can run the whole route in sections with proper scenarios.

The whole route in MSTS takes like 3-4 hours at track speed.

Marc says he is not involved. But Mike Grout probably is, since his structures and such are being reused.

There is a lot of WP information available online, including complete track charts, building plans and car diagrams. That makes route building a little easier because one doesn't have to buy (sometimes expensive) documents.

#3 Pkmanca2012

Pkmanca2012

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:59 AM

Yep , and it goes on sale on monday .  :foof:

Steven Presnal 

Los Osos, Ca 

#4 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

Marc says he is not involved. But Mike Grout probably is, since his structures and such are being reused.

You mean Rick Grout. ;) Nevertheless, I didn't see any of his work in the videos or screens of the route.

Cheers!
Marc

#5 mc648813

mc648813

Railfan

• Route Beta
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

The route is unfinished as it should gone further over the Williams loop and to the next yard in Portola were the wp railroad museum is located on the google map

#6 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:50 PM

The route is unfinished as it should gone further over the Williams loop and to the next yard in Portola were the wp railroad museum is located on the google map

Their intent was not to do the entire FRC sub. Only the interesting bits. Arguably, however, some equally interesting items can be found beyond Quincy Jct, such as Williams Loop, Spring Garden, Clio trestle, and the Portola area you mentioned.

Cheers!
Marc

#7 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:21 AM

Silly decision by DTG. Also the omission of those fine characteristic details from MSTS like the numbered tunnels, the rock slide detector fences, speed posts, no trespassing signs, derails and other trackside details.

So I still rate 3DTrains' Feather River route as superior, and it includes lots of WP rolling stock.

It remains to be seen wether DTG will create a proper California Zephyr or any other WP rolling stock for the route.

I'm afraid it will remain an orphan route, like so many in DTG's catalog.

I'll wait a while to see how things develop. It makes a good sale candidate for it has some useful assets for route building projects.

#8 mc648813

mc648813

Railfan

• Route Beta
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:53 PM

I have the western pacific map of the entire railroad from Oakland to salt lake city. my be part of battle mountain was part of the route from spring garden tunnel the map dated 1912-1914 were there was a branch to quincy town but in the wrong place on dtg route

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users