• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

To keep things in sync, and also that a cumulative update would have been excessive in size, a new full build of Tehachapi Pass is available for download. Changes include:
  • Corrected track in Mojave, Tehachapi and Arvin
  • Additional road models and textures added
  • Updated terrain and model winter textures
  • Added additional vehicle models
  • Model and textures added in Bakersfield
  • Added ballast to ROW between Mojave and Tehachapi
  • Added additional environment textures
Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Cheers!
Marc

#2 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:31 AM

There is an install option I haven't seen before: Seasonal Distant Terrain Textures.

It is either seasonal textures and that dark attitude line near Sandcut, or?

it is only ground cover textures? So far I have only noticed a greener spring texture in my previous install.

How will the route look without those distant terrain textures?

#3 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

The option was supposed to be there from the start, but I forgot to add the files into the package as an option and they would have installed automatically. I corrected the installer for this build.

The line appears when distant terrain textures are present, but not so when using default terrain colors.

Cheers!
Marc

#4 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

Can you post a screenshot with the difference, or have you already/only installed with the distant terrain textures?

My USA install is currently being updated. All of the existing files are being overwritten so it takes awhile, even on a SSD.

The new features look promising. I am most interested in the new track database. I probably have to redo my Quick Drives, but then perhaps not, since I only use my own scenario markers, instead of the provided ones.
Will report back.

#5 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:22 AM

My current quick drives still work. No change in the South Mojave situation apparently.

UP trains coming from Colton are still routed onto Main Track 1 till Cameron X-over, against the current of traffic. Even though this MT 1 is bi-directional CTC, there are serious speed restrictions at the South Mojave crossover.

I'll have to make up an excuse, by having the Lone Pine branch being served off MT2, or by overtaking a lower priority BNSF train coming off the Barstow line that slowly crawls up the mountain on MT2.

#6 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:56 AM

The main issues with the track data was that I discovered some orphaned bumpers on sidings and a few places where the wrong track type was used. Next Friday's download will include another track update that changes out the remaining winter track and signal textures between Ilmon and Bakersfield to non-seasonal textures.

Cheers!
Marc

#7 _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:44 PM

Allright, then I should better wait till next update to figure that situation out. I think the problems lies in the crossovers at South Mojave.

#8 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:07 PM

South Mojave isn't due for an update, but I'll check the speed zones.

Cheers!
Marc

#9 qrfan3

qrfan3

Ticket Inspector

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:50 PM

Just a quick one Marc...do we just install this new Beta update over the existing builds?

Cheers,

Gordon.

#10 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

Yes - the new main build includes updates to that point, plus some work I did early last week. A cumulative update would have pushed the file to over 200Mb, and since many files were dupes from the main build, I thought it best to combine everything and start from a fresh point.

Cheers!
Marc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users