19 replies to this topic

#1 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:36 PM

Hi 3D Trains I read your read me file in the Scale Rail Surfliner route upgrade and it said if I had any issues to post them here in the forum. I am having a big issue with the route upgrade not showing up. At first I was upgrading the Surfliner route before this happened but basicly I was editing the route and I had a major issue with the track and lost all my work I did to the Scale Rail route and I deleted the route via the in game deletion and I tried re installing the Scale Rail Pacific Surfliner route installer and it dosn't show up no more really am looking for a fix to this.

Justin

Note I don't like posting on forums to much for help. And I really want this to stay on topic because I am in really need of help and I've tried a few things to try and get it to work, like I did try and do a manual install, I also tried verifying the game via the Tools setting and nothing worked.

#2 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:02 AM

The route won't show because you deleted it. Installing the upgrade won't help.

You'll need to re-install the original Surfliner via Steam's "verify cache" routine, and then you can apply the ScaleRail update. It will then make a copy of the original, add the new track, and then you can access in game.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:02 AM

Thanks Marc for the help and I kinda figured out a work around to it my self by messing with the files I made a copy of the Surfliner route and re named it "ScaleRail Pacific Surfliner" and just replaced the files from the manual update in the route folder of the copy I did and it worked. Tho I'll remember that one thanks again for the help Marc. Btw I am updating your guys scale rail Surfliner route with all accurate signals and road crossings using SMM Digitals crossings and I am going through google maps and re creating each individual crossing and also replaceing signals. Its just my own personal edit I am working on to get it as accurate as possible since I live right by the San Diego Santa Fe depot.

Justin

#4 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:36 AM

Ok I am still having issues with the install I tried the Verify cache routine I had to re install my TS2016 and it is still not working the Scale Rail it is completely bugged I am not sure what happened with it. Ever since I deleted it from my last install it just dosn't want to work now.

#5 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:18 AM

I'm at a loss of what you did to keep it from working.

Cheers!
Marc

#6 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:47 AM

Well pretty much all I did was just delete the Scale Rail Surfliner in the in game building menu and tried to re install it with the installer that I got from you guys when I bought the update and that is it and then that is when it stopped working and it dose not want to show up in the route menu no more.

#7 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:52 AM

You may need to check to ensure all files are in their proper folders, especially the RouteProperties.xml in the b256a353-e6e9-4e98-a971-ccd2e877bed3 directory which defines the route.

Cheers!
Marc

#8 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

Ok so that must be my problem then because the RouteProperties.xml is not showing up in that file. Would I need to copy the one from the Pacific Surfliner original route folder and place it into that folder?

You know what could the .ap files that the original Surfliner route is in could have a effect on it on creating a copy because right now I am extracting the .ap files to the Pacific Surfliner route folder to see if it fix's the issue. This could be something you can update if it works for me.

#9 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:11 AM

Ok never mind that didn't work but note I do not have that .xml file in the Scale Rail folder when it installed.

#10 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

Do you have any security software running in the background that might be interfering with the installation? All background programs need to be closed before installing the add-on.

Cheers!
Marc

#11 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

I've tried everything you suggested to me Marc and it still dosn't want to work it really is starting to frustrate me its like deleting it in the Railworks menu just completely brakes it. It seams it won't work ever again and I paid for this to expecting it to work properly and it was and now after deleting it and re installing it just broke it. Unless it has to do with the new update to train simulator being that it is TS2016 now.

#12 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:57 PM

The update doesn't affect things, else I wouldn't be able to see the add-on in my own installation, and that others would have sounded the alarm some time ago. The best thing I can suggest is to verify cache and delete existing blueprint cache files. The first time you verify may need to be done again, as I often find the first time through doesn't catch everything (the most I've done is three).

And to say you expected what you paid for to work properly - well it did, that is, until you deleted the route. Also, and before you install again, be sure that the original Surfliner works as expected. Without it, the add-on won't install the necessary files to work properly.

Cheers!
Marc

BTW, how is it that you have the ScaleRail Pac Surf add-on, but your forum status is set at "Member"? :huh:

#13 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

Ya it did work until I deleted it and well I don't know why but when I bought the route I registered under this name but for some resin when I came back to the forum again it re set my account and didn't remember it so I had to make a new account I can send you my recept to show you that I did legit buy it and went to I believe my [deleted] email witch is what I used.

#14 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the info. You must have reset your account using the original validation email. Get rid of it, or it will happen again. I was nearly ready to remove your account.

If you run into login issues at any time, it's much easier to send me an email so I can reset the account.

Cheers!
Marc

#15 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

Oh ok thanks Marc for the info and note I am not a pirate I would never do such a thing I hate piracy in the first place. Rather support than to rip someone off like I have been a few times my self.

And your welcome for the information.

#16 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:54 PM

And I don't think I reset my account. When I bought the scale rail I created my account on the forum and sent you the email with my credentials and then downloaded the scale rails and that was it and left my account alone since I don't post to forums at all cuz I never thing I will get help and just be critisized for my spelling and not stay on topic so alls I did was just create the account to download what I bought so I never thought I'd use it again for help till now trying to log in and noticing my account wasn't there no more so I just re registered. And that's pretty much how it all came about.

#17 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:35 PM

Okay I was able to get it to finally work not sure what happened to my old .exe of the Scale Rail but I re downloaded the .exe installer and it worked with that installer kinda wired but happy it works now. Thanks Marc for re making me a Valued Customer to re download the .exe that was able to fix it and that was one thing I did not try.

#18 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

Glad to hear it worked out. :)

Cheers!
Marc

#19 TotalSurfTrains

TotalSurfTrains

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:34 AM

Ya thanks again Marc I appreciate you time to help me figure this out its time to re do all my work I did to the route on re doing all the default crossings and re work the signal system. I was wondering if you guys would like to work with me on this update I am doing since it is your scale rail work and was wondering also if I can do a release or something and call it Scale Rail update 2.0 or something. Because also I and planning to re work on extending the San Diego Trolley line as well. 

#20 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:02 PM

I was wondering if you guys would like to work with me on this update I am doing since it is your scale rail work and was wondering also if I can do a release or something and call it Scale Rail update 2.0 or something.

I'm afraid not at this time. Thanks for asking though. :)

Cheers!
Marc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users